“Not a $150 a night stay!” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Biloxi Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2476 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Mississippi
“Not a $150 a night stay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. However, the room was not a $150. a night room. $79.99 is more like it. We had a kitchenette and there was one pack of coffee with no cream or sugar. There was not a hair dryer in the room or complimentary shampoo/conditioner/lotion. This is stuff that $79.99 a night rooms give. Plus, the walls were thin. You could hear everything going on. And the beds, so very uncomfortable. So, Motel 6...please don't leave the light on for me because I won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless it's during the week and you don't mind staying awake because of...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Baton Rouge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here for one night. Thought it looked nice from the photos. No continental breakfast. Wifi is 2.99 per day PER device. Ridiculous in 2014. Wifi was not working in our room even after being charged double for it. I didn't feel like calling tech services as I was on vacation and that's what kind of work I do. Shocked to find shampoo being sold in a vending machine for 2.25 for the size of a free sample you would get in the mail. What hotel doesn't provide shampoo? You would think when paying almost $150/night that these would be included. Staff was very polite even though they were extremely busy. The hallways are very narrow and seemed to always be filled with cleaning carts so we had trouble wheeling the cart to the elevator which was located in the back of the building. Hallways smelled like smoke but my non smoking room did not, thankfully. The rooms are very modern looking but the mirrors and surfaces of doors had fingerprints all over them. The beds were not that comfortable and the tv a little small. Pool was nice.

LaPlace, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Only had to stay for the night because all casino hotels were full. They were the only hotel we could find that had a room. Front desk had a computer outage and had to call each credit card in for approval. We booked thru Travelocity and were prepaid. Key was waiting. Rooms clean bed comfortable ac cool. Thats all we needed. Good security. You have to have your room key to get access to building, pool area, laundry machines.
Thanks for a nice stay

• Stayed July 2014
British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night mid-week on my way along the Gulf Coast. The price and the location were perfect, right across from the beach and walking distance from restaurants and shopping.

I had reserved my room on Expedia and had requested non-smoking. When I checked in the lady at the front desk confirmed again that I wanted non-smoking and I said yes. When I got the key and headed to the room I discovered it was smoking. It smelled horrible. I went back to the front and asked for another room and the lady told me there were no non-smoking rooms left like the one I reserved. I said I didn't care what the room was as long as it was non-smoking. I then was given the first room away from the front desk and beside the outdoor exit. I could hear the front desk phones ringing, people talking and the door opening and closing all night long.

The room itself was okay, nothing special but clean and functional.

I think this hotel is a hit and miss and likely just has good and bad days. Overall an okay hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed 1 night. No luggage racks available, doors slamming all night, room dirty. The bed was uncomfortable. We will not be visiting again. When it was time to check out, the front desk was not manned and I was left to wait for 20 minutes. There are better options available in Biloxi.

Clarksville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Rooms were nice and spacious, was great that there was a full size kitchen at our disposable which helped save on money. The staff were great when we needed anything, giving us suggestions for dinner, extra towels for the room and provided towels for the pool.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Humboldt, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have only stayed at Motel 6 one other time in my life and it was a terrible experience, so I was very leery about staying in another one. However, after reading several reviews on tripadvisor and looking at some photos, I decided to give this one a shot. I'm glad I did. First of all, for the price, you cannot beat it. Also, our family wanted to bring our dog, and she was able to stay free. There also was plenty of nice grassy areas for her to walk in. I found the hotel to be very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool is small and the beds are a little hard, but again, this is not a five-star resort; it's a Motel 6. If people are looking for luxury, then they're going to have to pay much higher prices. However, if I were to come back to this area, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Superior double rooms are MUCH larger than the standard double rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Biloxi Beach? Share your experiences!