“Do not recommend......” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Harlan
“Do not recommend......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were still ten hours from home after a long trip and had to find a spot to spent the night. We stumbled upon this place while driving near the ocean. It looked nice enough, so we decided to extend our trip. We rented the room for 2 nights for only $180. That should've been our red flag. The room had two queen beds and a kitchen, but it was disgusting. The entire place reaked of cigarette smoke. The silverware in the drawer had food dried on it. The floors, which were all linoleum, we're filthy!! Sink and shower had a layer of film on them both. Towels and sheets smelled of smoke as well. It was so terrible, we decided to leave after one night. While visiting the office, my husband saw dogs wandering around with no leashes. They belonged to the hotel manager. Then while retrieving items from the car, I saw Dobermans (on leashes) strolling back and forth. I am a dog lover, but I'll admit, I lay awake fearing my 5yr old or four month old would stumble upon one of them. The ONLY bright spot, was the full refund for the second night,with no hassle, and a small adjustment in the rate for the first night. It was just nasty. I don't recommend visiting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greenville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for a few days and the room was very nice. We had a room with a kitchen which was what we needed. Our room also faced the beach so we were able to watch the waves. The rooms are not carpeted so there will be sand on the floor, it is across from the beach. We were pleased with the room and location. The front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
new iberia, Louisiana, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our decision was to stay somewhere in walking distance to the beach. We liked what we seen As soon as we kicked off our shoes we felt the filth of the floors under our feet! Horrible, house cleaning came the next day still the floors were dirty!!! The bed was too small in the one bed rental, we had a handicapped room but that wasn't a problem at all........no coffee pot, no mini fridge....$127 ntwas too much for this room for two days. We checked at the front desk and the rooms were usually 69.99 a/day theyjacked up the prices but the accomdation sucked!!! Next time I stay somewhere that's worth the money!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel...... period! every customer complained about the price and cleanliness!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After seeing photos on the property website and watching a company produced video on youtube depicting the new "MODERN" rooms, we rented a room at this hotel. We paid 150.07 for ONE room including taxes. What we got for that price was an old style, dirty room nothing like the sleek modern ones pictures on the website. The site clearly states that " All guest rooms have a modern look" and show pictures of the modern decor.
The doors were grimy, the floor filthy, and we were greeted with a gross, hair filled broom left in the room.
When I attempted to speak to the manager, she said housekeeping was already gone for the day so all she could do for us was to give me the money back and I could leave and find another hotel. The fact that she didn't even offer to come look at the condition of the room and offer to attempt to rectify the dirtiness of the room speaks volumes about their customer service practices at this motel. . I think that because she knew she could rent this room easily to someone else because It was a busy summer day, she felt that good customer service was unnecessary, but I doubt this property stays this busy 365 days a year, and I will never think of coming to a motel 6 here or anywhere again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Clinton, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Staff was alright. Modern room wasn't anything to brag about. Bed had a screw sticking up from the frame next to the mattress. Glad I didn't slip off onto it. Bathtub and sink didn't drain well at all. Towel bar fell off the wall when you put a towel on it. Ice machine on the 2nd floor never worked at all on our 2 night stay. Pool was dirty. Free wifi didn't excist. Tv volume wouldn't turn down. Believe me its not worth the money they ask. It should of cost about thirty dollars anight instead of 75

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houma, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First, let me preface this by saying the staff was very nice and seemed to really work hard.. maybe shorthanded was the problem. Showed up at 3:00 looking to get a room and get cleaned up from a day at the beach and my room wasn't ready. Got a room pretty quickly, but the cards wouldn't open the door.. got them reactivated and they still refused to open the door. So, got another room. Walked in and was shocked at how small it was. No dressers, no closet, only a few little cubby type holes on the wall but they were small. We took our shoes off and found the floors to be very dirty with sand and debris.. had someone's make-up on the floor.. Pretty sure nobody cleaned the floors at all. Our TV didn't work but the staff was very nice about sending someone to fix it. Second day there, received a call around 8:30 a.m. asking if we wanted housekeeping that day and I replied that I did. However, when coming back from the beach around 3:30, found that they only replaced the soiled towels, floor still not cleaned, beds not made and trash still not emptied. So, I'm thinking they are just short-staffed. Hopefully, the manager will rectify this on future holiday weekends.

Room Tip: Do not stay by the pool/laundry area because it's way too noisy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

You really can't beat $50 a night, beachfront. I loved the very modern decor of the room. I only stayed a few hours to sleep and shower. Checked in at about 3:30a.m. and the desk clerk was very friendly. The rooms and building are very secure, which I liked considering I was traveling by myself. Was also very happy to see an elevator after driving for 13 hours and having a ton of things to carry in. I got a smoking room but I never seen an ashtray so I did not smoke in there. My only complaint was that the bath towels didn't look/smell/feel clean and were stained. Also, the bed wasn't the most comfortable but it sufficed. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Biloxi? Share your experiences!