“BEST ON THE GULF COAST / IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE” 5 of 5 stars

850 Bayview Ave, IP Casino and Resort, Biloxi, MS 39530
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tien - Teppanyaki / Shabu Shabu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 188 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caillavett
Transit: Casino Hopper - Shuttle Bus available
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“BEST ON THE GULF COAST / IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We've lived in the Gulf Coast region for about a year now (Pensacola).
We enjoy Asian cuisine and more specifically Sushi rolls.
As recent transplants from San Diego, which has many great Asian / Sushi places, we were eager to find our "go to" place for Sushi rolls.
We had almost given up after trying many places near our home in the Florida panhandle.
We decided to give Tien a try before the Big and Rich concert taking place right there in the IP Casino. Tien is pretty much at the entrance to the concert hall so why not.

What an awesome surprise. The "Super Crunchy" roll was the best sushi roll I've ever had. Yes, EVER. If you compare it to even the best I've had on the gulf coast it's not even close. Tien's is 10x better.
We also had the Mongolian Beef. It was also very good.

Service was fantastic. They were there so fast anytime we needed something I think they may have been stalking us.... but seriously, it was great service.

Although we live 2 hours from Tien there is no doubt we'll be back often.

Bonus: They give active duty military a good discount!

Don't miss out on the best Asian cuisine on the Gulf Coast.

Side note: Call ahead or check the website for their business hours. They are not open every day.... and not open most Sundays.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great sushi! Blah Mongolian Beef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been to Tien each time we have visited Biloxi. For the first time, we had a dish we didn't care for at all. But their sushi, especially the Triple Thai Roll, is great! Though we didn't care for the mongolian beef, we will definitely return.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We looked forward to having "kalbi", sushi, and bulgogi! We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding. We saw several noodle dishes on various tables and they too looked great. The staff was attentive and restaurant was very, very clean! Would return again just to try the noodle soup.

Visited October 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
“Consistently Good Asian Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Tien remains one of my favorite Mississippi restaurants. I basically schedule my IP casino visits to coincide with Tien’s operating hours.

In my most recent visit, Tien lived up to its reputation of excellent food, attentive service, and striking visual ambiance. I always try to get my favorite server, Selena, and on this occasion I was in luck once again. Selena must have an incredible memory (or maybe access to computer generated guest profiles), for she always remembers my table preference and my favorite drinks and entrees.

Since I normally make solo trips to the IP, I typically dine alone and prefer seating in the “traditional” area of Tien. The restaurant, in terms of table configuration and service, is essentially three or four restaurants in one. Besides the “traditional dining”, with menu selections from various Asian regions, there is a Teppanyaki section (where the chef prepares the food on a grill and performs a sort of show in front of a table of guests) and a Shabu-Shabu section where guests may do their own cooking (with assistance, if required) at small, intimate tables. In addition to these areas, there is also a Sushi bar that provides diners with Sushi and Sashimi. Obviously plenty to choose from in terms of dining style and specific menu items.

On my recent visit I made a logistical error. I ate too much and too late at lunch. (See my review for Old Biloxi Schooner). Arriving at Tien at 5:00 PM was too close to lunch, so I ended up eating a light dinner and even needed a “doggie” bag for the remaining fried rice.

This abbreviated meal began with a tasty bowl of wonton soup followed by Tien’s combo fried rice. Both were quite good. (I did add a bit of soy sauce to the rice this time to enhance the flavor just a tad). My beverage was a Bloody Mary, which, on this occasion was rather bland and not quite up to the usual standard. (I’m now beginning to wonder if my taste buds were off that evening).

My experience was very good throughout in terms of food and service. My only criticism, one shared by other reviewers, is that the noise from the slot machine area is a bit of an annoyance. But, then, I’m at a casino. On the whole, however, I expect good experiences at Tien. My high expectations continue to be rewarded.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good Food but VERY Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

While staying in the IP hotel, we ate dinner here. We choose the hibachi grill. They only seat these tables every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour so we waited about 15 minutes. It was not busy but the service was extremely slow. The food was ok but our chef was nervous like it was his first time. It was very hard to hear him. We would probably eat here again but will choose a different table.

• Visited June 2013