“Great sushi! Blah Mongolian Beef” 4 of 5 stars

+1 228-523-8688
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tien is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 211 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caillavett
Transit: Casino Hopper - Shuttle Bus available
Description: Designed with multicultural appeal in mind, the Triple-A Four Diamond-rated tien features a variety of Asian cuisines, including Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese and Japanese. We offer Teppanyaki, Shabu Shabu, Dim Sum or Sushi, all served with a unique interactive experience right at your table. Tien has multiple meanings in several Asian languages, including "first, wealth, convenient, progress, and heaven."
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great sushi! Blah Mongolian Beef”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have been to Tien each time we have visited Biloxi. For the first time, we had a dish we didn't care for at all. But their sushi, especially the Triple Thai Roll, is great! Though we didn't care for the mongolian beef, we will definitely return.

Visited October 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We looked forward to having "kalbi", sushi, and bulgogi! We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding. We saw several noodle dishes on various tables and they too looked great. The staff was attentive and restaurant was very, very clean! Would return again just to try the noodle soup.

Visited October 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Pretty good pan-Asian by Biloxi standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Bearing in mind that most Asian fare in the Biloxi area is pretty mediocre at best, my wife and I enjoyed our first visit to Tien. For appetizers I had the Triple Tuna Roll sushi, which was delicious and very well-presented; my wife had the Shu Mai (dumplings) which were average, and skimpy on the portion size. For entrees, I chose the Shanghai clay pot meatballs over rice, and my wife chose the Pad Thai - we both enjoyed our entrees although we do agree with other previous reviewers that perhaps they were both a bit under-seasoned.

Presentation and service was solid, and we found the prices reasonable. Again bearing in mind the low bar set by Asian offerings throughout the Biloxi area (both in casinos as well as around town), we would visit again. However, if this were a bigger market I don't think Tien would stand up to the competition.

• Visited September 2013
Mobile
“Casino flare, Casino fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

It's rare to find a restaurant in a casino that stands above the usual all-you-can-eat fare that focuses more on quality than quantity, and unfortunately Tien was not it for this first timer. It does look to have atmosphere and many choices of Asian Cuisine (Vietnam, Korean, Chinese, Japanese), which can be prepared ordering by table or at Hibachi settings with a Chef. We started with Won Ton and Miso Soup which had flavor missing, then the Shanghai Beef Pot and General Tso Chicken which were good portions, but again lacking flavor that you normally find in other smaller Asian restaurants. The staff were a little slow in showing us a table which was not crowded and waitress was probably covering all by herself. Overpriced meal for the quality we saw.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Hattiesburg, MS
“Consistently Good Asian Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Tien remains one of my favorite Mississippi restaurants. I basically schedule my IP casino visits to coincide with Tien’s operating hours.

In my most recent visit, Tien lived up to its reputation of excellent food, attentive service, and striking visual ambiance. I always try to get my favorite server, Selena, and on this occasion I was in luck once again. Selena must have an incredible memory (or maybe access to computer generated guest profiles), for she always remembers my table preference and my favorite drinks and entrees.

Since I normally make solo trips to the IP, I typically dine alone and prefer seating in the “traditional” area of Tien. The restaurant, in terms of table configuration and service, is essentially three or four restaurants in one. Besides the “traditional dining”, with menu selections from various Asian regions, there is a Teppanyaki section (where the chef prepares the food on a grill and performs a sort of show in front of a table of guests) and a Shabu-Shabu section where guests may do their own cooking (with assistance, if required) at small, intimate tables. In addition to these areas, there is also a Sushi bar that provides diners with Sushi and Sashimi. Obviously plenty to choose from in terms of dining style and specific menu items.

On my recent visit I made a logistical error. I ate too much and too late at lunch. (See my review for Old Biloxi Schooner). Arriving at Tien at 5:00 PM was too close to lunch, so I ended up eating a light dinner and even needed a “doggie” bag for the remaining fried rice.

This abbreviated meal began with a tasty bowl of wonton soup followed by Tien’s combo fried rice. Both were quite good. (I did add a bit of soy sauce to the rice this time to enhance the flavor just a tad). My beverage was a Bloody Mary, which, on this occasion was rather bland and not quite up to the usual standard. (I’m now beginning to wonder if my taste buds were off that evening).

My experience was very good throughout in terms of food and service. My only criticism, one shared by other reviewers, is that the noise from the slot machine area is a bit of an annoyance. But, then, I’m at a casino. On the whole, however, I expect good experiences at Tien. My high expectations continue to be rewarded.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ColonelDoctorDennis

Been to Tien? Share your experiences!