“Consistently Good Asian Dining” 5 of 5 stars

+1 228-523-8688
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tien is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 210 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caillavett
Transit: Casino Hopper - Shuttle Bus available
Description: Designed with multicultural appeal in mind, the Triple-A Four Diamond-rated tien features a variety of Asian cuisines, including Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese and Japanese. We offer Teppanyaki, Shabu Shabu, Dim Sum or Sushi, all served with a unique interactive experience right at your table. Tien has multiple meanings in several Asian languages, including "first, wealth, convenient, progress, and heaven."
Hattiesburg, MS
“Consistently Good Asian Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Tien remains one of my favorite Mississippi restaurants. I basically schedule my IP casino visits to coincide with Tien’s operating hours.

In my most recent visit, Tien lived up to its reputation of excellent food, attentive service, and striking visual ambiance. I always try to get my favorite server, Selena, and on this occasion I was in luck once again. Selena must have an incredible memory (or maybe access to computer generated guest profiles), for she always remembers my table preference and my favorite drinks and entrees.

Since I normally make solo trips to the IP, I typically dine alone and prefer seating in the “traditional” area of Tien. The restaurant, in terms of table configuration and service, is essentially three or four restaurants in one. Besides the “traditional dining”, with menu selections from various Asian regions, there is a Teppanyaki section (where the chef prepares the food on a grill and performs a sort of show in front of a table of guests) and a Shabu-Shabu section where guests may do their own cooking (with assistance, if required) at small, intimate tables. In addition to these areas, there is also a Sushi bar that provides diners with Sushi and Sashimi. Obviously plenty to choose from in terms of dining style and specific menu items.

On my recent visit I made a logistical error. I ate too much and too late at lunch. (See my review for Old Biloxi Schooner). Arriving at Tien at 5:00 PM was too close to lunch, so I ended up eating a light dinner and even needed a “doggie” bag for the remaining fried rice.

This abbreviated meal began with a tasty bowl of wonton soup followed by Tien’s combo fried rice. Both were quite good. (I did add a bit of soy sauce to the rice this time to enhance the flavor just a tad). My beverage was a Bloody Mary, which, on this occasion was rather bland and not quite up to the usual standard. (I’m now beginning to wonder if my taste buds were off that evening).

My experience was very good throughout in terms of food and service. My only criticism, one shared by other reviewers, is that the noise from the slot machine area is a bit of an annoyance. But, then, I’m at a casino. On the whole, however, I expect good experiences at Tien. My high expectations continue to be rewarded.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ColonelDoctorDennis

Alpharetta, Georgia
“The sushi rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Highly recommend this restaurant for sushi. The Triple Seven and Triple Thai rolls are to die for...and the IP roll was more like a log. Bring your appetite.

Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good Food but VERY Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

While staying in the IP hotel, we ate dinner here. We choose the hibachi grill. They only seat these tables every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour so we waited about 15 minutes. It was not busy but the service was extremely slow. The food was ok but our chef was nervous like it was his first time. It was very hard to hear him. We would probably eat here again but will choose a different table.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank smithcd3
Boring, Oregon
“Wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Enjoyed the meal from appetizer to dessert! Very pleasant wait staff. Cool hologram at entrance. Nice stone walls.

Visited March 2013
Oxford, Mississippi
“Good; not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We had california rolls, Tien spring rolls, lobster dumplings, and fried calamari. Nothing exceptional. The service was friendly and prompt.

Nothing special here. Our martinis were good and worth it, though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Been to Tien? Share your experiences!