“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Viola, Kansas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2015 NEW

Beautiful, peaceful and everything I had hoped! Ship ride was awesome. Saw Dolphins and food on the ship was great and priced very reasonable! Will definitely go backache!

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Great Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2015 NEW

Ship Island was a great getaway from the tourist town and attractions that Biloxi has to offer. Before even stepping foot onto the beach, my group and I saw dolphins, turtles, stingrays, and crabs in the water as we exited the ferry. We ended up hiking about a mile down the beach, to a more secluded area which took us away from the populated rental umbrella/chair area of the beach. The water was beautiful and clear, with hundreds of shells and white sand. I recommend bringing lots of sunscreen - they don't lie when they say you can burn within 30min on the island! While we stayed on the beach, there was also a fort to explore and wetlands on the island. Very sad I might never find myself in Biloxi again, as Ship Island was such a great experience!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bring lots of sunscreen ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2015 NEW

We visited Biloxi for vacation and to visit friends. The ride over to Ship Island was very fun, but bring your sunscreen! We both got sun burnt, even using sun block. The ride is about 50 minutes and we saw tons of Dolphins along the way. The beach is beautiful, but be careful while swimming. There was a young boy that got stung by a sting ray and was getting help from the nurse on island. Beautiful views of the gulf and beach. Be sure to visit Fort Massachusetts while you are there.

Imperial
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend a day on very clean beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2015 NEW

The boat trip was great across the Gulf but be prepared to walk when boat docks on Ship Island. You will have quite a walk to other side of island to swim. There is a great boardwalk & you can bring small cooler. There is a snack bar with food & such, but you must pay to rent chair & umbrella. There is absolutely no shade. Remember to bring a lot of really good sunscreen also. There are very nice outdoor showers. Bonus is the old Fort you can tour. Just be prepared to walk & carry everything you bring along. My 3 teen girls loved the clean sand & water. They saw dolphins up close. Great for families with kids.Not great for anyone who doesn't like long walks. Just make sure you bring everything you will need for time spent there. Also lots of bottled water.

Savannah
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2015

In extremely hot temperatures, the ferry ride provided a nice breeze. We did see some dolphins and that was a fun experience. My husband and I enjoyed learning about Fort Massachusetts from the park ranger. This was some history neither of us were familiar with and we thought the fort was pretty cool. We walked over to the snack bar and picked up lunch which I thought was reasonably priced. He had 2 hot dogs and a soft drink and I had a chicken wrap and got two bottles of water for around $15. We also rented two chairs and an umbrella rather than carry chairs and etc across the island. The water was very pretty and we were tired but happy travelers when we got back to Gulfport. This was a very good day of vacation.