“Fantastic!! So Happy We Went!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 46 things to do in Biloxi
Activities: Leisure education
Indiana
12 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!! So Happy We Went!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2015 NEW

We were not sure if it would be worth going to but so glad we did! We have been to many beaches and I think it is now my entire families favorite!! The boat ride there and back was very enjoyable. We got to see quite a bit of the dolphins playing and jumping in the water near the boat when arriving and departing the island. The boat was clean and comfortable with clean bathrooms. You could also purchase snacks and drinks, including alcohol, while on the boat for what we felt was reasonable prices. A refillable cup of soda was $2 and refills on the boat or island was then $1, and our popcorn was only $2. Once we arrived at the island we took the free tour of the fort which was pretty interesting. I'm glad we did it and it didn't take very long. Then we went and ate the lunch we packed at a pavilion of covered picnic tables. Everything was clean and nice. We then set-up our spot on the beach which wasn't very busy while we were there so it was great. There were umbrellas and chairs for rent for those who needed them for $15 an umbrella and $5 a chair. The beach was great offering plenty of shell hunting to entertain my daughter, larger waves for everyone, shallow areas, clear water for my son to search for fish with his goggles underwater, and deeper water for those who wanted it. It fit all of our needs with white soft sandy beaches. There were showers to rinse off the sand as we left and a shop by the beach to get plastic inflatables, snacks and other items you might need at the beach. There are also clean bathrooms available on the island. The crew on the boat were very nice and you could stay covered and out of the sun on the lower deck and even part of the top deck if you desired. There was plenty of parking near the boat and purchasing tickets once we got there was quick and easy. We took a small cooler and beach bags with lunch and towels on the trip with no problems just know the chair rentals, snack shop and larger waves are on the far side of the island so you have probably a 5-10 minute walk there. You could stay on the side the boat docks there just isn't the snack shop or chair and umbrella rentals there but the water is calmer if that is what you desire. If you are even thinking about going you should!!

Ashland, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
“wounderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2015

i didnt like the long long walk , now the beach makes up for that, you can see to the bottom in shollow water , they have chair , tables and unbllea you can rent , the staff is great and adults you can get a beer there

Visited June 2014
Arlington, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
“A part of the National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2015

This is a find that you don't see everyday. The fort is well worth exploring and seeing- especially seeing the sights from on top. We walked from the south end of the beach, to the far west and back on the north end. There was a lot of wild life to walk and enjoy, especially the hermit crabs. It is well worth spending a day on this adventure.

Visited May 2015
“Great day at the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2015

50 min boat ride and 20 min walk across boardwalk will take you to a slice of island paradise. Everyone who works on the boat and on the island are friendly and helpful. Clean bathrooms and concession stands a plus. Cassie working the chair rentals was very nice. I recommend this as a must see. We can't wait to return again and again.

Lucedale, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
“I recommend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2015

I have been going to Ship Island since I was very young, and can definitely say that it is one of my favorite things to do. The price to go out on the ferry seems a little high ($71 for me, my husband, and 3yr old), but is well worth it. The only thing I miss is the "exhibits" they would have at the fort-- old confederate uniforms, weapons, etc. I like that they've added the snack bar/gift shop. Very nice place to take the kids that's not as crowded as public beaches!!

Visited July 2014