“Awesome but a little pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Islands, Hot Springs/ Geysers
Activities: Leisure education
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: For lovers of the sea and boating, these Mississippi Barrier islands provide sun, beach and lots of outdoor fun.
Folsom, Louisiana
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Trip out on the boat was good, saw dolphins along the way. The island itself has a small fort that was interesting. But the best part of the trip was getting a beach chair an just listening to the waves lapping on the shore. Clean white sand, water was clear and clean. Not crowded. It was cool the day we went but I can imagine that summers would be brutal with the heat. Concession stand had everything we needed and easy access to clean bathrooms.

Visited March 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
24 attraction reviews
“Waves, sand, history, and shells...oh my!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was a beautiful trip. The Excursion was rough, it was a windy day. It was cold and it rained, but that did not damper our spirits. The Fort was beautiful. The waves on the North side were amazing. I found some big beautiful shells on the south side(where the boat docked). I walked to far West Point of the island, worth the walk just give yourself time to return for the departing ride home:) We had a wonderful time, a nice walk south to north on the boardwalk. A snack bar is located on the island and fairly reasonably priced for a snack bar in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. I brought snacks those with me ate:) It was a great day. I would not recommend it for small children, although some brought small children with them. There is not a fee for the attraction, but the boat ride across the Gulf costs $27. The Board walk and lower deck of the boat are wheelchair accessible. If you are prone to motion-sickness do NOT use the restroom on the boat. I was fine until I went in the restroom. The small enclosure(which was clean) tossed me around and I got a little sick. Otherwise, I was not sick just from the boat. It was a windy day.. It was an all around GREAT experience. The Crew was just amazing and very helpful!!!!

Visited March 2013
Republic, Missouri
15 attraction reviews
“Expensive but there are real waves”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you want to get to some real water then make sure to take this cruise. It takes you out past the barrier island, but it always rains the days I go.

Visited June 2012
Ocean Springs
8 attraction reviews
“Take The Boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

These ships, leaving out of the Port of Gulfport, will take you to the most beautiful and historic of the Mississippi Barrier Islands. Home of Fort Massachusetts and some of the best beaches. It's not a tourist trap, it's fun to go and beach comb for shells and other washed up treasure. You can spend the day there, but don't forget the sunscreen!

Visited July 2012
7 attraction reviews
“Nice Family Day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Hour long ride, but worth the trip. Its great for a family day or if you just need a day away. The island has history and all that you need readily available. We always bring our own cooler, but it's nice to have things available. We love driving to FL, but this is nice when you don't want to spend that extra time in the car.