“Liked this place.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Marathon
“Liked this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It was nice hotel, i love the fact that they allow dogs in la quinta, so when we travel with dogs, thats the place we looking for. This hotel was little over priced. But everything is clean and nice.
My only thing is that its very loud in hallway so dont think about sleeping inn there you will be up at 8 o clock because of loud housekeepers and other people walking and screaming around.
And you can here perfectly what people next door doing or watching in their tv. Just very thin walls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura V, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We love our guests with pets! I'm sorry you were disturbed by hall noise etc. I will address the issue of housekeeping staff being noisy in the hallways. Thanks for reviewing our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Angelo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just fair or okay stay. Staff was very pleasant but seem under staff in the evening. The hot breakfast sucked! They claimed the steam tray was broken but then I over heard them saying that they maybe didn't have it plugged in. So all we had was waffles made by yourself and cold cereals, OJ, and bad coffee and yes A BUNCH OF BOILED EGGS TO GIVE U GAS! Won't be back unless I'm desperate!
Ok up side my room had a good view but one of my widows was clouded or dirty!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for expressing your views. Our warmer did go out recently. Accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience of breakfast. We expect the replacement any day now. Maybe if you are in the area again, you would consider giving us another try. I'm certain it will be better.
Pearland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel was horrible. I have stayed here in the past, in 2008 and 2009 and had great experiences, and a very nice pleasant hotel and staff. My recent stay June 21-22, 2014 was disappointing. The bathroom and beds were clean, but that is the best I can say for this property. The hotel was not maintained well at all. My room was on the first floor, and the walls had wear marks above the baseboard where the luggage cart had been pushed along the wall. The chair in the corner of the room was dirty looking, and the chair at the desk in the room was worn and torn. The pool had algae on the tile just above the water line and the bottom of the pool was dirty and needed cleaning. I had to skim the pool with the pool net to get the dead insects and leaves from a nearby tree out, before I just decided it was too dirty to swim in anyway.

The staff were not overly courteous either. The young man who was working at 2pm when I arrived advised me that he didn't have a room ready for me although I had a reservation. His excuse was that they were short on housekeeping staff. I was told it would be at least 1 hour when there would be a room available. When I returned a short time later, he was checking in other guests as I waited. After arriving in my room, I found there to only be 3 bath towels, for a room reserved with 4 guests. I asked another front desk staff member if I could get another bath towel, and was told that they did not have any more towels, and it was due to the hotel being full of guests. (not that there was a shortage of housekeeping staff, as previously stated by another staff member). The walls and doors at this hotel are not very soundproof either. I constantly heard other guests going down the hallway, and the noise from people in rooms on each side of my room talking, as well as television noise all night.

My advice is to save your $130 per night and stay elsewhere. This was a discounted rate as well. I stay at LaQuinta hotels frequently, and by far this has been my worst experience of all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I'd like to thank you for your comments. Be sure that we strive to acknowledge all concerns, and correct all that can be corrected. Our number 1 goal is guest satisfaction. Your issues will be addressed with our staff. Thanks again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

nice hotel but getting run down. carpets dirty and smelled like dogs. baseboard in 2nd floor lobby coming off the walls. night check-in staff didn't know how to properly handle a cash transaction. they need to better train their employees.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. We will address your issues with our staff. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. It is not ordinary for this to occur. Thank you again for sharing these concerns with us. This gives us the opportunity to correct things.
Lake Charles, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Facility is neat and clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. Pets are welcome there, but can be a serious disturbance when the owners leave all night and the pets are left barking and howling. This is made worse by a 2 inch gap under the adjacent door which makes it sound like the dogs are in your room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Some times being pet friendly can be an inconvenience to other guests. We do strive to enforce our pet policy of keeping this from happening. We hope you will give us another shot if you are back in the area. Thank you for your review!
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Everything about the hotel was fantastic. Our only problems stemmed from the timing of our stay. We picked the same weekend of some large ( IE. national ) dog contest held in Biloxi, hence our pet friendly hotel was filled to overflowing with sometimes noisy ( but always beautiful ) dogs.
Other than that slight setback, we loved everything about the hotel, the room, and all the staff with which we interacted.

Room Tip: If any are available, choose a room on the side of the hotel that overlooks the small lake with duck...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Yes! The weekend you stayed was "extra" pet friendly! We do look forward to our annual dog show guests, but we aim to please all. Thanks for the kind words about our property. Our number 1 goal is guest satisfaction! Hope to see you again.
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at this location during a trip from OKC to Florida. The big draw was that it was pet friendly for no additional cost. I am always a little hesitant when hotels advertise as pet friendly, because I haven't personally come across one where many guests had a pet, so both the staff and guests look at you as if your pet will go on the attack. That wasn't the case here. Everyone was very friendly, and we saw several other dogs along with our own. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and we loved that there was a mini fridge in the room also. The breakfast the next morning was satisfactory, I just personally wish there was some fruit variety for those of us who prefer that over heavier breakfasts.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Laura V, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We love to hear from our guests. Our entire staff loves animals. Thanks so much for the kind words about our property. We strive to please all of our guests. We will work on that fruit variety for you! Come back to see us soon. :-)