“Hotel For Dogs!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Petal
“Hotel For Dogs!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Without realizing it I booked this hotel for a business trip. I checked in and while standing at the front desk I heard a small dog barking down the hall. I got to my room and heard a LARGE dog barking on my floor. I was still up at 2am listening not only to one large dog but several and the door at the end of the hall slamming all night long. Before leaving the next morning I saw a couple loading not ONE but THREE large dogs the size of full grown labs into their vehicle. Some things are just ridiculous. I will NOT be staying here and would never recommend it to anyone who isn't staying there strictly because they accept pets.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
lqbiloxi, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are constantly striving to make sure ALL guest have a nice comfortable relaxing stay when they are here with us.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort walton Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I really have nothing but good things to say. We needed a nice place to stay that would accommodate our seven month old puppy and make our teenager happy and be close to I-10. La Quinta easily fulfilled all of those goals. Special thanks to the morning clerk who generously allowed to partake in the breakfast an hour early. She helped us pack some snacks for the road which really made life easier. We'll definitely return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

I liked the idea that there was a dog floor.i could hear other dogs so didn't feel bad when we left for 2 hour dinner out. Don't know if I would have felt the same if not on the dog floor.

Breakfast buffet one of the worst for healthy non meat eaters, ot even anyone watching calories..sweet rol ls, biscuits and gravy, only cold hard boiled eggs...ick

• Stayed October 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I am all for pet-friendly hotels. When I lived in New Orleans and had to evacuate every hurricane season, we could not find a place to take our pets. I was not aware, however, that this hotel was pet friendly. The way I found out was hearing dogs barking outside my door at midnight and off and on all night. It woke me out of a dead sleep and made it hard to go back to sleep. The rooms were very nice, although the walls were thin. The front desk staff was not friendly at all at check in. We had driven seven hours and arrived before 3 pm so we could freshen up before a big party that night. This seemed to aggravate the person behind the desk, but she did give us a room...next to the elevator.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lqbiloxi, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Quinta Biloxi, MS. I am sorry to see your stay did not meet your expectations. I greatly apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us during your stay. Rest assured your concerns will be addressed. We hope to see you again soon.
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

located right off i-10 behind an applebees. you can get 10% off @ applebees when show your room key. about a 10 min drive to the beach & casinos. pool was nice. we didnt get up early enough for breakfast. check-in/out was a breeze. slooow elevator. bed was comfortable, we had a onebed king room, it was very spacious. the frige & microwave were nicely hidden in a wooden amoire/tv stand. tv was flat screen. very nice for the price we paid ( used a friend's discount) so cost was under 100 bucks. next time we would consider staying closer to the beach or diberville/biloxi bay area for shopping cuz hotel location is between gulfport outlet mall and diberville shopping center.

Room Tip: gulfcoast.org hav discount coupons for this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Good location just off highway. Check in was quick and staff was friendly. We choose this hotel due to the fact that it is one of very few in the area that accept pets. They were renovating the entire first floor so we had to get a room higher than we liked but the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast could have used more attention but was acceptable. It was evident that this hotel caters to many animal lovers, there were several there during the stay but they were all well behaved. The grassy areas around the hotel wee a little sparse and it was apparent that not everyone cleaned up after their pets but it was okay, just watch where you step ;)

Some areas could use a little more attention but overall it was a very good stay and we were glad to have a pet friendly hotel so close to where we wanted to spend more time. Clean and comfortable, just what the family needed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lqbiloxi, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and choosing La Quinta in Biloxi. I am very glad to know you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Since my dog comes with me on trips, often my options are really limited. Luckily, LaQuinta is there to help. This pet-friendly motel has no fees for your pet, and a great walking path around the building. Another nice aspect of this particular La Quinta is that the rooms overlook a really nice duck pond in back of the building, and we watched a beautiful sunset there. The pool area was nice, though unfortunately some of the previous guests had left beer cans all over the place. Breakfast was normal/mediocre. The beds and pillows were clean and comfortable and the rooms were decorated nicely, well-ventilated, and just right. One small problem was that the door to our room wasn't well-fitted to its frame, and it let in a lot of light and sound from the hallway. Also, the carpets in the upstairs hallway weren't fitted to the halls and they bunched up, making it a little hard to walk on without tripping. However, the really pleasant staff with their friendly attitudes as well as the generally nice accommodations made this a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi? Share your experiences!