“Worst Hotel Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Kat4drama
“Worst Hotel Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2005

My Husband and I had the unfortunate pleasure of staying here while attending a friend's wedding. As I understand it there are two parts to this hotel,The Inn and The Towers. We stayed at the Inn and I don't know about the towers, but the Inn was the grossest experience ever. The rooms have no dehumidifiers so in the middle of summer in the deep south on the Gulf of Mexico, you feel like you are sleeping in a swamp. The rugs were damp, the sheets were damp, the whole room was, needless to say, damp. On top of which the sheets, towels, and rugs could all use a good bleaching, washing, or better yet, a nice trip to the trash. The walls are paper thin so that you are able to hear all the goings on in the hall or next room. We did take a trip to the casino, but it had all the feeling of a big grown up arcade. They used smoke and mirrors to make it look bigger which was rather dissappointing. And on a Friday night, they didn't have half of their game tables open so the ones that were, you couldn't get in on a game. When we were checking out I was surprised by a $20 increase on the rate which we were quoted upon arrival. However, when I contacted the manager she did gladly decrease the rate and appoligize for our stay. I wish I could say that made up for this horrible experience. If given the option of staying here or somewhere else, please run far from this hotel. I hear the Beau Rivage is so much nicer.

• Stayed June 2005

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2004

My wife and I loved the Casino. We had never been to one before, and this was our first gambling adventure. The hotel was the inn and was clean and the staff helpful. The room had a coffee maker, and I requested a small refrigerator in advance, and was supplied one and never charged us any extra for this. The casino itself was kept clean and the staff constantly came around to help and the cleaning crew was on top of everything all the time. There was some smell of smoke, but this is unavoidable, as the casino's are not smoke free , nor the restaurants as they are now by law in Florida. But this was minor as the restaurant, the Jordan River Grill had food that was excellent and did have a nice non smoking section. I suggest if you have allergies to smoke, eat early before the crowd comes in or get a refrigerator in your room and eat there if necessary. We will return to the casino's again, and will try not only this one, but others as well to see how they are run. And we did win money, and came out ahead. This casino does have quite a few winners and we were one of them. Not big winners, but 500 nickels is a fun win , and that's why we go,,, for fun.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2004

we have always stayed here, it's beautiful, quite, and safe...the staff is excellent...the best part is the buffet at night and of course the entertainment...we don't go anywhere else to spend our time or money...yes, it's away from the other busy places, but it makes up for all of that...from the time you check in til the time you check out...we just love it, we don't come to win money...we come for the rest and the food...thank you for being there...jackie

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2004

My husband & I recently stayed at Casino Magic Inn in Bay St Louis. While the rooms do not have views of the bay, some look out on the parking lot, some on the pool, some on the RV Park (which is very neat with lots of large oaks & pines). The rooms seem slightly larger than those in Casino Magic Tower & also seem cleaner. Our room had a coffeemaker, coffee, but no iron or ironing board. The bath amenities by Aromae smell great! The tv has many tv channels, more than at the normal casino hotel. The grounds of Casino Magic are very, very large, & there are areas (esp along the water) which appear to have been left natural except for a bench here or there. The Bridges golf course appears to be well maintained & is pretty. We’ve eaten at the buffet several times at both lunch & dinner. Delicious! Every member of the staff we have dealt with has been friendly & most helpful. Casino Magic has a shuttle to transport people into ‘Old Town’ Bay St Louis. ‘Old Town’ is a quaint downtown area with numerous gift & antique shops as well as several restaurants. Love this place & can’t wait to go back -- & it’s pretty all year round!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2004

Nice place, clean and cheerful. The room was spacious and I appreciated the evening turndown and chocolates. Frankly, I don't know what the one reviewer is referring to about smoke as I never saw or smelled smoke anywhere I went, including inside the casino. A couple of things bothered me: There is no business center and no business facilities in the hotel; if you need to fax something or go online, you better have a dial up modem. The staff was cheerful and helpful, but seemed to be inexperienced.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2004

Not a bad hotel.........Big spacious rooms, seems newer. But only 1 casino in area and we thought the machines were very tight. We went down the coast to Gulfport and Biloxi to gamble. One problem with the hotel, the rooms have paper thin walls and doors, was kept awake by a band practicing in the next room till 1am and woke up at 7:30am by the same. But the service and the room were great.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2004

Since neither my wife nor I are gamblers and are Pete Fountain fans, we came there to see Pete's show last Tuesday night and enjoyed it so much we stqyed to see it again Wednesday. After the show Wednesday, we had our picture taken with Pete. If you would like to see it I can email it to you. We were completely satisfied with our stay there and consider it two of the happiest days we've had in a long time. The room was excellent, the food very good and the tram ride to the old town was very interesting. We met the President of the Historical Society, Charles Gray, and he gave us a tour of the town.

Been to Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis? Share your experiences!