“Good quality at fair price” 4 of 5 stars

El Maguey
1130 Highway 90, Bay Saint Louis, MS
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
“Good quality at fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant took over for the Los Tres Amigos. Not very crowded at 5:30 on a Monday and they sat our party of 8 with no problem. The service was attentive and quick. The fajita special was half price and margueritas were $1. The chips, salsa and quacamole were good. My wife had the fajitas and I had the chimichanga. Very good all around. We'll be back.

Visited May 2013

Huntsville, Alabama
“High Quality TexMex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The restaurant is medium sized with low pleasant lighting and booths/tables. The service was very efficient and friendly. We were there on a Wed evening and, to our surprise, discovered they had a two for one special of many dishes. That was a very good deal. The chips were the firmer kind but nicely baked (a few had a little too much oil in them but thick chips hold more). The chips were refilled three times for us! Our meals were good - I had chicken enchiladas and the others in my party had a combo plate (taco, burrito) and the beef enchiladas. All of the dishes came with sour cream and guacamole even though they all didn't specify they did (the combo plate had no mention of sour cream and guacamole). That was a nice extra for me as one of my table mates didn't want the guacamole so that meant more for me. I will certainly eat here again given the opportunity as I liked the combination of food, service and price.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Not generic Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice interior and comfortable seating. Not many customers at 11:30 though so we wondered if new. Menu took awhile to wade through! Food was excellent, piping hot. Friend had tamale which he said was full of meat and not mostly cornmeal as many tamales are.
Would eat here again if in area.

• Visited April 2013