“"Should be ashamed of themselves!"” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Bay St. Louis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1003 Highway 90, Bay Saint Louis, MS 39520   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“"Should be ashamed of themselves!"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife had some ladyfriends over. Our 'camp' is small, so I volunteered to give up my room. From the outside this appeared to be just what I was looking for; a basic, inexpensive place to sleep. WRONG! Had to beg to get a price of $70 p/tx. Given wrong directions, after three tries, I open the door to a run-down, stained and bad-smelling room. The bed was worn-out. I slept on top of the sheets with my clothes on with no pillow. There was one washcloth, one small towel, and no shampoo; not even a bar of soap. That didn't matter so much since the fiberglass bathtub had a softball sized hole in the floor. I wanted to leave, but the Key West was full and the Hollywood wanted nearly twice the price. I left shortly after day-break, my entire stay was less than 8 hours. Turning in my key, I told the clerk, "You should be ashamed charging so much for such a room."

Room Tip: Do yourself a big favor and go somewhere, anywhere else! I only rated the location because every ot...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
We apologize for your inconvenient stay. If you had informed mgmt and given the opportunity, We would have gladly made an effort to accommodate you or refund you if you were not satisfied. Regarding the pricing, if you came on a weekend, such as Memorial Day, the rates are going to be higher at other hotels as well. We would have also gladly offered to give you the missing amenities and refresh your room, or switch you if you were unhappy with the room you stayed in. The property has just turned over to new management, and is working hard to make a positive guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
fort worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on our trip from Fort Worth to Key West. First, the clerk at the front desk went above and beyond to accommodate us. The only rooms available were two doubles but she offered us a rm with a minifridge that didn't work. We were totally ok with that! To add to it we got a discount because of the nonworking fridge. She was extremely helpful and friendly! Our room was clean and was fine for an overnight stay! We would recommend this motel to our friends also riding thru the area!

• Stayed March 2012
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review and compliments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We generally do not rent rooms that are out of inventory for maintenance, however, if the hotel is full, we make case by case exceptions for a deeper discount as long as it is not a safety issue. We really don't like to turn away a tired guest if they are agreeable with the minor inconvenience and compensation! Thanks again and come back and see us!
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I am very shocked to see the negative reviews on here. While I admit this is just a basic hotel, I have always been treated wonderfully. Paula & Darlene (hope I remembered correctly) we absolutely wonderful as always. Anyone complaining of the price during Cruisin' the Coast, obviously did not check other local hotels. If you want something spectacular......you can surely find it elsewhere for $300 +. We have stayed it 4 times now. The rooms are very spacious, and have a fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast is comprable to any other. I found no rude clerks or staff. Our shower was broken, I called and it was fixed in less than 15 minutes. They had security on site for the event. They accomadated every request I made with no complaints. Our reservation was made online and somehow came out wrong, but they promptly and politely fixed everthing. They addressed me by my first name, even though they were full. My one and only drawback has always been that I wish they had a pool. But other than that, I would recommend this hotel, and will stay again. Yes their prices rise for Cruisin the Coast, but only by $20 or so, not the $100 or more at other hotels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind and sensible review. The hotel's pricing is based on the market, and we are glad you took time to write this and shed light on this matter. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future! Thank you again!
Richland, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We have stayed at this same hotel 5 times in the last 7 months. The first time we stayed there the room was clean and the staff were friendly. The second time I stayed there the room was not as nice as the last time but the staff was friendly. Each successive time I stayed there the room went down hill. I was supposed to be in a non smoking room and their were burn holes in the bedspread and the carpet and the smoke alarm kept going off and on for no reason. The final straw came when the price of the room suddenly jumped from $49 to $85 because there was an event going to be happening on the weekend. We were there on a Monday afternoon. We had no choice but to pay the price as we were both worn to a frazzle from the drive. The clerk was very rude and told us to "take it or leave it" it didn't matter to her one way or another. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
bwbiloxi, Owner at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the behavior of the clerk and we will be sure to continue training our staff for superior customer service. The pricing changed on the weekend due to a very high demand yearly event. If you had opted to go to another hotel, you would have had the same concern of higher weekend rates. Thank you again for your review. We are happy that you have stayed so often and hope you give Knights Inn another chance.
Erie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very sleazy and run down. Everywhere else was full, so I was stuck. The floor was stained and I put all my luggage on tables and chairs in fear that something would crawl in. There was hair in the sink and crumbs on the floor. My bathroom had scalding hot water ONLY, so I could not shower. They opened another room so I could take a shower. The staff was polite, but it really creeped me out. I kept looking for a camera or peephole. I looked for bedbugs, but saw nothing on the mattress but yellow stains. However, I was bitten by either bedbugs or fleas all night. I just felt nasty. I heard the Casino was a better place to stay, but heard the rooms reeked of smoke. If I have to go here again, I will choose the casino despite a tobacco allergy!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your review. The Knights Inn staff is very motivated to make our guest happy. We apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. We strive to provide a clean and safe facility for our patrons. We have a 24 hour front desk, brightly lit public areas, and full property camera systems for our guests' safety. We do not have cameras inside the rooms as this would be an invasion of privacy, and illegal. The only peephole would be the one on the door as well, so you were not put in any harm's way while staying with us. We also have a contract with Orkin Pest Control to ensure guest comfort. Knights Inn also has successfully passed all QAs from Wyndham since its opening in 2007. While none of these facts can alleviate your disatisfaction with the stay, I hope that you accept our apologies for your inconvenience.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stayed with another couple for an Elvis contest. I could tell that the rooms had been vacuumed and the bathrooms were clean but that was it. The first room had a bad smell like mold or like an animal had been in it and used the bathroom on the carpet. We stayed an extra day and asked for a room change but had to change rooms 2 times to get a room that smelled good. The other couple had the same problem. Still waiting to hear form
the manager for about 3 weeks now. Would not recommend. Will stay in Pass Christian Ms, next time. The lady at the front desk was very nice though.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi and Thank you for your review. We apologize for your inconveniences while staying at Knights Inn. We will use your feedback to continue training our staff. I am glad you decided to stay an extra day despite the grievances with the room. Thank you again for your review.
calhoun, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I've been in Knights Inns before and had no desire to return. Thanks to ta.com and the other reviewers, I stayed here and saved $. Probably the best Knights Inn in the chain. Good value: kudos to the owners, the whole chain would likely thrive if they'd follow your model.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hi and Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you were happy with your stay. Knights Inn is an economy class hotel, but we always strive to provide as much as we can for our price point. We are happy that you noticed and appreciated our efforts. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Been to Knights Inn Bay St. Louis? Share your experiences!