“Stay awy from this hellish place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Batesville

You added Econo Lodge Batesville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Batesville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Lakewood Drive, I-55 at Hwy 6, Batesville, MS 38606 (Formerly Baymont Inn Batesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
ILLINOIS
“Stay awy from this hellish place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

All i can say to make a long story short..WE got robbed by this place, it stunk like mildew and bug spray dirty place, no A/C, no lights . We walked in to the place and walked right back out with out our money..Yep... that's right NO REFUND... Front deck lady supposed to be the general manager was rude, very unprofessional and knows nothing about customer service. OH and don't try and ask for a corporate number you will be there for an hour and half trying to get her to give it to you. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE>>PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES TO STAY IN AREA.....AVOID THIS ONE

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
kankakee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

After traveling all day with my Daughter and friend with there children we checked in at this place.We got to the room and when we open up the door it smelled like mildew.We went to turn on the lights and the switch was broken.The air conditioner was boken 'VERY HOT".We had two beds one on the floor and the other one higher.The toliet was very dirty.We then left the room and asked the desk clerk for a better room.She told us NO and there will be no refund.My Daughter asked for a number to call the head office and at first the desk clerk would not give her the number.But my daughter got upset and would not leave so the desk clerk gave her the number.So if you are in the Batesville area don't stay at the Baymount INN.And also the internet was not working.8/07/09

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
PrettyAnnoyed
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Check in took 20 minutes due to computer problems. Employees a are very rude and unprofessional.

I am currently in the middle of trying to figure out why my credit card was charged twice by this establishment - the second charge was made 2 weeks after my first. When I called to ask about why I had been charged twice, I was told to call back in 30 minutes.

It is worth paying a little more to stay at another hotel than to cheap out and deal with this one.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I have stayed there for several years and since Baymont took over everything has gone down hill. People are let to swim in jeans and t-shirts right off the street and that is gross. 2 out of 3 counter people I dealt with were rude, breakfast and coffee were very questionable. I thought last year was bad and I made a complaint but this year was even worse!! I will find another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Kankakee, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

First and foremost the employees at this hotel are some of the rudest I have every come across. Explanation: They wanted to charge my credit card that the room was reserved under as soon as checking in, not when checking out. The phone in the room would not work properly so the worker sent to check it out called the front desk in front of my wife and I and said "it works I don't know what their problem is". They were letting people, kids and adults, swim in the pool with their street clothes (jeans) on. After being gone on the second day of our stay the room keys would not work, we were told "Oh you have to rekey them everyday" with a very snotty tone, when asked why we were not told this when checking in we got a shrug of the shoulders. We checked all of the hotel instructions in our room, nothing about that.
When asked for the managers name and number to complain we were told that, that information cannot be given out.
The room itself was not as clean as expected, and the in room coffee maker was never replenished of coffee.
We have always stayed at this particular hotel and since it has become a Baymont Inn it has gone downhill.
We will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Traveler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

This is far and away the worst Baymont Inn I've ever stayed in. Actually, it's the only 'bad' one I've come across.
At $71.50 (including tax) this is terribly overpriced.
This is one of those properties that at one time was quite nice I'm sure. However, it has been allowed to become unkept, unclean, & uninviting...
The pool area (indoor pool) appeared to be quite nice but that's about it.
The rooms were not very well cleaned are showing signs of wear and tear - if not plain old 'neglect'.
The breakfast was adequate at best. Don't worry though, by the time breakfast time comes, if you've spent the night here you'll be so mad you won't have much of an appetite.
There are so many other motels in this town to choose from that I wouldn't be bothered recommending this property to any type of traveller at all.

• Liked — Leaviing
  • Disliked — The uncleanliness (is that a word?) of the rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2006

Business Trip: Found my room to clean and odorless. Every thing worked and functioned properly. WiFi worked good. Front desk staff were helpful and quick at getting me checked in and out. I was happy, slept good the two nights I stayed here. They have safes in the room that they will try to charge for, calling it "Security Warranty", regardless if you used it or not. I asked for a refund and it was handled quickly, without a problem.

I would recommed this hotel and I would stay here again, If I was in Batesville again.

• Liked — Clean and Odorless
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Batesville? Share your experiences!