“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Batesville

You added Econo Lodge Batesville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Batesville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Lakewood Drive, I-55 at Hwy 6, Batesville, MS 38606 (Formerly Baymont Inn Batesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Pope, Mississippi
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We booked the jacuzzi suite for 1 night.when i called to reserve a man told me there was no jacuzzi suite.but we have stayed in that room before when it was amerihost inn so i knew there was one.called back next day and talked to a girl and she booked us.we are having a baby in 2 months and wanted to take our 4 yr old daughter to a hotel as a little mini vacation.plus she loves hotels as much as me.when we got there my husband checked us in.got to the room.was ok at first.went to the restroom and the ceiling looked like it was about to fall in.the microwave did not work.but it was also plugged into an outlet that was coming completely out of the wall.bad fire hazard.refrigerator was plugged into the same outlet but it worked.went to swimming pool and was pure green and ice cold.the pool was another reason we booked there.so my 4 yr old could swim.we could not stay in pool.was honestly ice cold.later on we looked down from balcony at pool and whole entire deck was covered in water and dirty towels all over floor.no one picked up towels til we left next day at 11 am. Pathetic how no one took the time to clean it up.last complaint is the employees are not friendly at all.my husband asked for some toilet tissue and the guy wasnt at the desk but saw my husband.he didnt ask if he could help him.instead he asked what he wanted.the man is especially rude.no one there says hello or speaks to you at all.not going back to this place as long as same owners are there.looks like with all these complaints the authorities would check them out or something.definitely not recommend this place.overpriced for what we got.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our daughter goes to Ole Miss and it is very hard to stay in Oxford on a football weekend. Batesville is about a 20 minute drive to the campus so this works well for games. We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and it's fine for just that. The hotel is older, but has a lot of rooms, is very clean, and has friendly service. There are refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. Beds are comfortable and water is hot...just what is needed after a day in the Grove. Seems like it was renovated over the past years and is fine. There are plenty of places to eat near by too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews here I got very worried about our stay. However, it was game weekend and fall family weekend and everything else was either booked or price gouging.

Fortunately, our stay was pleasant. We checked in about 1:30am on a Friday as stayed two nights. The room was clean and quiet. The only staff I saw was the desk clerk and a member of housekeeping. Both were friendly. I have no complaints and we will likely stay again as it was cleaner than a neighboring hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Don't ever stay her front desk staff not friendly at all needs an attitude adjustment toilet wouldn't flush lamps didn't work holes in tha sheets table leaning no towles at tha pool stayed too night an it was awful CAUTION!!! Don't stay here......

• Stayed May 2013
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed one night here & I was verbally attacked and physically threatened by a member of the cleaning staff. I had to call the police department to escort me to my vehicle safely. Days later, the hotel manager emails me that he is refunding half my money. This property NOR Choice Hotels cares what happened to me. Stay here at your own risk!!!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

If you stay there your going to get screwed really bad, bad staff , bad owner, nasty room. Keep clear this place is bad news
AC doesn't work half the time. Front desk staff has Bad attitudes watch your charges they will change Your. Rate and not tell you

• Stayed February 2013
Gray, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has changed names probably five times. It use to be nice when it was Amerihost inn.
Manager parks his black car under canopy and customers must get in and out in the rain. I have reported it it corp office three times.
I don't stay there any longer.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Econo Lodge Batesville? Share your experiences!