“Worst hotel ever.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Batesville

You added Econo Lodge Batesville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Batesville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Lakewood Drive, I-55 at Hwy 6, Batesville, MS 38606 (Formerly Baymont Inn Batesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Gray, Louisiana
“Worst hotel ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has changed names probably five times. It use to be nice when it was Amerihost inn.
Manager parks his black car under canopy and customers must get in and out in the rain. I have reported it it corp office three times.
I don't stay there any longer.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Central Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The room was adequate although is smelled a little musty. The pool was drained and looked like it was under construction. The front desk clerk was nice and friendly and there was adequate space for me to park my pickup and trailer so I could see it so was happy about that. If I had been with my family, I would have probobly looked for a different place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

i took my nephew swimming the workers went in to our room and got into my moms purse and took $1,700 out of her purse along with our reciept showing we stayed there they also went into my purse in took $300 out of my purse. the next morning when we was about to leave we checked our purses in found that the money was gone. i went to the front desk and asked for the cops # in they didnt want to give it to me they then told me that we must have misplaced the money they finilly gave me the # i called the cops and treated us like were the criminal searched us and like i stole the money from myself and my mother. i am a felon on parole why whould i call the cops and go through all that when i am out of state on a travel permit through my parole officer. THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT AND NEVER HAVE I HAD SOMEONE GO INTO MY ROOM AND GO THROW OUR THINGS IN STEAL OUR ONLY MONEY WE HAD FOR OUR TRIP!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Columbia, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I thought it was horrible. The pool, you couldn't see the bottom because it is green and fthere is a suction pipe on the side with no cap on. It could drown someone. In the morning, the people that worked there invited all their friends at the breakfast there. There were some people who mooned us by the pool. It was HORRIBLE!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
ILLINOIS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

All i can say to make a long story short..WE got robbed by this place, it stunk like mildew and bug spray dirty place, no A/C, no lights . We walked in to the place and walked right back out with out our money..Yep... that's right NO REFUND... Front deck lady supposed to be the general manager was rude, very unprofessional and knows nothing about customer service. OH and don't try and ask for a corporate number you will be there for an hour and half trying to get her to give it to you. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE>>PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES TO STAY IN AREA.....AVOID THIS ONE

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
kankakee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

After traveling all day with my Daughter and friend with there children we checked in at this place.We got to the room and when we open up the door it smelled like mildew.We went to turn on the lights and the switch was broken.The air conditioner was boken 'VERY HOT".We had two beds one on the floor and the other one higher.The toliet was very dirty.We then left the room and asked the desk clerk for a better room.She told us NO and there will be no refund.My Daughter asked for a number to call the head office and at first the desk clerk would not give her the number.But my daughter got upset and would not leave so the desk clerk gave her the number.So if you are in the Batesville area don't stay at the Baymount INN.And also the internet was not working.8/07/09

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
PrettyAnnoyed
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Check in took 20 minutes due to computer problems. Employees a are very rude and unprofessional.

I am currently in the middle of trying to figure out why my credit card was charged twice by this establishment - the second charge was made 2 weeks after my first. When I called to ask about why I had been charged twice, I was told to call back in 30 minutes.

It is worth paying a little more to stay at another hotel than to cheap out and deal with this one.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Batesville? Share your experiences!