“Worth the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Chicago, IL
“Worth the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I was 5 hours away from my destination and was tired from driving all day. A lady named Selena took care of my mother. She was really nice and friendly. She accepted my mother's AARP card. When we got into the room it was spacious, the ceiling was high, and everything looked brand new. I enjoyed the bed the most. It was super comfortable to sleep. My only downfall was in the morning finding out there was no free breakfast. I was a little discourage but I had brought food from home so I was able to enjoy my free coffee that was provided in my room with my food. It was nice place to stay. I would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank laquint26
Holiday Inn B, Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We focus very much on customer service and hospitality. I'm especially happy that Selena was able to accommodate your mother. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed one night while playing baseball in Oxford. The room were VERY large (HUGE)! Clean! and comfortable! Staff was great. It was close to many resturants and shopping. I will definatley stay here again!

Room Tip: pool and hot tub were nice and clean
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn-Batesville. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works very hard to make out hotel the best. Thank you for taking the time to post your view of your stay. Hope to see your family at your next ballgame.
Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

As a very frequent traveler and I am a loyal Holiday Inn person, but maybe not for long. It seems they are not as loyal as the travelers and try to milk every penny they can out of travelers. For years it has been a standard that canceling before 6pm meant no charge, but know this hotel decides its a 24 hour cancellation policy. For a traveler like me driving truck its almost impossible to say you can be there, its just a hope, with traffic conditions, weather, construction.

I planned my trip carefully and was trying to get the most miles I could within my allowance. I had another driver so the distance was reachable. But then came traffic and construction at 5:20 pm I knew we where not going to make it, we where 5 hours away, and called and canceled the reservation.
now 2 weeks later there is a charge for the room on my card, I called and asked and Niki told me there is a 24 hour cancellation policy, it was on my confirmation, my bad I did not read the contract and therefore stuck for the room night. I assumed, which everyone knows assuming is bad, that it was a holiday inn policy not a location policy for 6 pm cancellation. Its getting to be like a Dr's appointment know.

I stay almost 100 nights a year in Holiday Inn's but that might just change. Being loyal to Holiday Inn does not mean they will be loyal to you.

PLEASE READ confirmations and save yourself the heartache and DON"T STAY AT THIS PROPERTY EVER.

Niki did knock 50% off but that's not the point. They charge you more for walking in or making a late reservation and now they want to charge to cancel one, what a rip off.

I stayed there once before and it was in a good spot for me to stop but now I will avoid it like the plague.

Holiday Inn better wise up or they will be a motel 6 company.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, stay across the street. Save your money
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank DAVE0169
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear DAVE0169,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding our hotel. It is unfortunate to hear about your recent experience with cancelling your reservation. I appreciate that you have brought this to our attention. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Conyers, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Spent one night at this Holiday Inn. It is a near complete total renovation. Public areas were bright and inviting. Our room was clean, large, had a high ceiling, and appeared to have a mix of new or slightly used furniture. The office chair had a four-inch slash in its seat covering and an armchair in the corner hid a large rug stain. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. We received excellent service from a very friendly staff. The only serious downside was the lack of a free breakfast, a feature we have come to expect from the brand's Express motels. We believe something as simple as a continental breakfast would increase bookings. (Management listening?) Overall, we have no problem recommending this motel and plan to overnight there later this year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RovingRangers
Thank you for choosing our full service Holiday Inn. I really hope the next time you stay with us you will choose to eat at our restaurant. I think you would really enjoy it. Thank you for your comments and for choosing Holiday Inn-Batesville.
Taylorville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Batesville for just one night and were very pleased with our room and the motel in general. We were greeted by the evening manager who was very accommodating as far as where we could park our motorcycle. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. When we got to the room, we were happy with the cleanliness of it (not always the case) and we had a good night sleep. I would definitely recommend this motel to a family member or friends!!

Side note: The only reason I rated the spa and kids activities at average is because they didn't apply to us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here for business and would have to say out of the past years stay at Holiday Inns all over the State of Mississippi this is probably one of the best ones. It is very clean and up to date. Room is very spacious. Staff was very friendly. The exercise room was in great shape. Would suggest this place to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MStravel2008
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, November 19, 2015
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. Your kind words are so encouraging for all of our team. We are delighted to have met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay!!
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed one night on our way back from the corvette museum to Houston. The hotel has been renovated and was very clean. Our room was a very large corner room overlooking the golf course. We were so excited to stay there because they had an on-site restaurant which is so nice when you have been in the car all day. Well, the restaurant and bar did not have wine at all. Everyone in the restaurant wanted a glass of wine, however all the customers were totally ignored. The manager could have gone one block and bought some at the liquor store. We ordered a pizza and it was frozen from a box. The waitress was really nice and tried her best under the worst of circumstances. The restaurant booths were all torn up and you could not sit in them. Also the restaurant was very dirty. We have been to many Holiday Inns and the restaurants are always nice, but this was disgusting.

Room Tip: Corner Room overlooking golf course
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cruisehappy
Holiday Inn B, Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate you sharing both, your good and 'not so good' experience. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the view from the balcony of your suite. We regret your experience in the restaurant. We will look into the inventory issues you mentioned regarding the wine and pizza. We apologize that we had to shut down the 'booth section' of the restaurant. We had the tables sent off for refinishing. Renovations are always a challenge to work through while having to stay open for business. Regardless, we have completed the project so that no one else will be inconvenienced. Please give us another try during your next visit to the area!

Thanks,
Vijay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Comfort Suites Batesville
Days Inn Batesville
#7 of 8 in Batesville
3.0 of 5 stars 109 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Oxford

Been to Holiday Inn Batesville? Share your experiences!