“Don't Expect Much” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dumfries, Virginia
“Don't Expect Much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were traveling, staying at a nearby hotel, and there were limited dinner options available. We chose this Western Sizzlin and were sorry we did. It was a Sunday, so I had the Sunday buffet. I acknowledge that it was later in the day and can accept that some of the dishes were significantly depleted. I couldn't accept how bad everything I tried was. Baked chicken -- a full tray so I thought it was a recent replenishment. Dry and stringy and tepid. Fried chicken later came out, so I tried that. It was hot ... but bloody. Veggies were mushy. Mesclun mix was wilting. Salad dressings were virtually empty, so I grabbed a packaged dressing. The package was so greasy I had difficulty opening it. The dessert area was very messy, with spilled food everywhere. The breads were cold and hard.

Service -- what service? Took forever just to get 2 glasses of water.

Then there's the condition of the entire restaurant. In a word: filthy! Avoid, avoid, avoid, unless and until they clean up their act.

• Visited November 2012