“Good home town restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Jackson, Tennessee
“Good home town restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Country Inn is a great small town restaurant. It offers everything from steak to seafood. I lived in Baldwyn for 25 years and love going back home for a chance to eat at The Country Inn. The steak for 2 is the best on the menu make sure to order it medium as it varies to the degree of chef skill in cooking. but the fish plate is good also.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Expected so much more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I'm new to the area and had heard amazing things about this restaurant, including that they made the best steaks anywhere around. I decided to try it out for myself. I was sorely disappointed. The New York Strip that I was served was lifeless. There was no flavor, and although I ordered it cooked medium, it was well done, which added insult to injury.

The salad bar might as well have been from a "warehouse store." One of my friends ordered the Scrap Plate, which lives up to its name. It was a beef kabob, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, fried oysters, stuff crab, and a baked potato. The batter on the fried shrimp was too salty, but the boiled shrimp was ok. The stuff crab was pretty good, but the beef kabob was overcooked (again, was well done when ordered medium). The beef had no flavor.

I was expecting a great local place with excellent food. However, what I found was just a local place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Belden
“For our 10th wedding anniversay..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my fist time ever dining here. We live in Tupelo, Ms. My husband requested for us to go to Country Inn for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered the steak for 2. Meal includes a large beautifully cooked 32oz steak (cooked medium) it was perfect. The steak itself was very tasteful with a hot off the grill flavor which needed no extra sauces. We had the salad bar for 2, I ordered baked potato which was quite a large one and my husband the steak fries and rolls came with it as well. Also just for an easy appetizer I ordered the fried oysters, (menu offers seafood options) they were delish! Definitely was the best steak we have ever eaten! The steak dinner comes with salad bar, side item & rolls was $27.00! Not a bad price at all being we had to take half of the steak home for leftovers. It's an older place right off of highway 45 north with nice people and great service. Can't wait to visit again!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tupelo, Mississippi
“A drive in the country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

It is not too far up the highway from Tupelo, but still a drive in the country. The sirloin for two is excellent, but order it medium if you like yours medium rare and your other hald likes hers well done. This way, you will both be happy. The fish is also good. Baked potatoes or fries are always good.

Visited November 2012
Booneville, Mississippi
“Always a Winner in our book!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

From steak to seafood, one simply cannot go wrong at the Country Inn. Their salad bar is FANTASTIC, too! Service is always the best of the best. They treat you like family. We love this place and eat there often - once to twice a month or more!!

Visited May 2012