“Warning!! Do Not Stay Here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Worthington

You added Days Inn Worthington to your Saves list
Days Inn Worthington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   207 Oxford Street, I 90 and Highway 266, Worthington, MN 56187   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
“Warning!! Do Not Stay Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Warning! Do NOT stay here! My husband and I stayed in the 'motel' portion of this hotel on Friday, May 26, 2012 on our way to Rapid City SD. We pulled in at 11:30 pm and were greeted by the dirtest, grossest, most disgusting room ever. In our opinion, Super 8 should revoke their franchise. Upon entering the room, our first impression was of a dirty, dingy, stained carpet, an absolutely filthy recliner that we wouldn't even consider sitting on, walls that had gouges and scraped paint, and the advertised "free HBO" was non-existent. However, the thing that really, really disgusted me is when I went to use a supposedly 'clean' wash cloth, and it was black with dirt! I couldn't believe my eyes and even held it up to the light to confirm what I was seeing. I wanted to leave then and there! Unfortunately, due to the late hour and the need for early morning travel, leaving wasn't an option, (unless we stayed in our vehicle, which would have actually been a better option). We did not want to walk on the floor without footware and I even checked for bedbugs, fortunately, we didn't see any, but the whole experience made our skin crawl, none-the-less. This room (this experience) was so bad, we did not even use the shower. My husband and I are seasoned travelers, and we have had unpleasant experiences, but nothing compared to this.

Room Tip: NO good rooms!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I would recommend you not staying here! I checked in with my wife and lady at the front desk seemed angry at us for even coming. We were tried and just wanted a place to stay so we just checked in. The room was ok, but not worth the price we paid. The place had nothing to offer. The breakfast was crap and the same lady was there in the morning. We rushed out of there and would not go back again.

FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Worthington hotels

Andover, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever dealt with or stayed at. I tried to upgrade to a better room in the new hotel area and the two owners which you can hardly understand they do not speak very good English gave me such a hard time I tried to cancel which was impossible so I tried to upgrade and the two owners gave me such a hard time I gave up stayed in the older part of their hotel the room smelled of manure the wife and I felt very uncomfortable and unsafe I would never recommend this hotel to anyone ever. Owners are extremely rude inconsiderate.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new hotel area are the only ones I would recommend the other regular rooms that are not...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Odenton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Someone put us up in this hotel. When we arrived, we were not sure which door to go in to get into the hotel itself as the building was detached from the main motel - office of the Day's Inn. When we found a door, the key card didn't open it. When we got into the room, it was large and clean. Comfortable enough. Cable good. Internet good. Quiet. Breakfast was a bit odd. I think the owners live in the office behind the counter and it is detached from the main building, so you feel a bit like you are invading their home when you go to breakfast. The breakfast was fine - a odd mix of our favorites, but the room was really small and I had to get out of the way while the maids pushed their carts out of the room and out to work. Not sure what my friend paid for the room, but it was a nice night's rest. The owner is friendly also.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is a great place right off the highway, which is perfect for when traveling. I had room with king bed which was very nice and clean. They even have lcd tv's in the rooms. Having a fridge and microwave was very convenient. I will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn. The front desk personnel were very nice and helpful. The rooms were wonderful! Very clean with a nice layout. My room had a refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Ironing board and a NICE Flat Screen TV. The breakfast in the morning was great. There was a wide variety of items to choose from. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

After paying for a two-night stay, I "post" screened the room for unwelcome guests (aka bedbugs). We were given room 108. It didn't take but one look to find the tell tale signs of an infestation. There were ink-like marks on the bedskirting and corners of the fitted sheet. Once the sheets were pulled back, it was evident that bedbugs had been feasting on unsuspecting guests for some time. There were bugs of various ages scattering about the corners of the mattress and on the box spring.

I approached the women behind the front desk who quickly asked me to show her the bugs. As we walked back to the room, she asked if the bugs were big or small. (did it really matter?). Either way, she confirmed the infestation and offered to give us another room - directly across the hall.

I sheepishly asked for a refund, explaining I didn't feel comfortable staying in the same building. She initially refused, stating that I had signed the agreement already and had already paid. After a short debate, her husband (again... assumed) appeared from the back room and told her to refund the money.

I felt bad for the couple, as the bedbug epidemic has really dealt a crushing blow to the hotel industry. However, it did appear that the infestation was not a new one.

Room Tip: PRE-screen ALL hotels. Not just this one.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
danstawart, General Manager at Days Inn Worthington, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
first We would like to response to this false comments made by this guest.It is very hard to pleased every guest. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.  Immediate action was taken after the incident was reported and we had Plunkett Pest Control come to the hotel on September 18, 2011. Following the standard protocol they serviced the room on September 18th, did a thorough inspection and service those rooms.  Plunkett provided their report after their research and inspection and confirmed that there is no bed bug activity. A copy of their report can be provided to support their findings. Please rest assured, as a routine, we will be diligently checking this room as well as all other areas of the hotel. And we look forward to service everyone in future. again we do not have any kind of bedbug activity in our hotel.

Been to Days Inn Worthington? Share your experiences!