“Watch out for sticky fingers” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Watch out for sticky fingers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I agree with the other reviewers that this is the best hotel in town. However, I discovered some items missing from my room after housekeeping was there on my 2nd day. The response from management was a mix of denial and "what would you like us to do?" Because the housekeeper who cleaned my room had worked there for 5 years, they felt either I must have been mistaken or my property must have been inadvertently thrown out when she was tidying up. I asked them to check the trash in that case, (since they did not offer to do so). I waited to post this to see if they would recontact me after checking--I never heard from them. Really disappointing. After seeing how they handle problems, it leaves me wondering if this reflects the philosophy of the company as a whole.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worthington, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear MaryS55317,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had enjoyable stay everything clean and tidy front desk staff efficient and friendly.Very nice pool and whirlpool area too.
Breakfast was very good set us up nicely for rest of day
Definatly would stay again if ever passing through
Had to give value as average only due to the fact it was the dearest place we stayed in during our month long road trip

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worthington, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again the next time you are in town!
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I traveled through here on a business trip and found this to be the only "acceptable" option in the area. It is a bit costly at $139.00 a night for a king sized room. Pretty standard Holiday Inn; nothing out of the oridinary or special. Lots of local restaurants to pick from or have delivered to the hotel. Easy to find, lots of parking, luggage carts are availble for transporting belongings. Room felt slightly conjested - furniture is placed okay but it felt like I kept bumping into things. Also I had the room next to the breakfast area - if you want to sleep in and not be woken up @ 5 AM ask for something further down the hall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your sharing your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor! We are constantly striving to improve our property and your feedback helps us to know what we can do better. We're glad you had a nice stay and look forward to serving you the next time you are in town!
Omaha, Ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in early August 2012. It is a very nice Holiday Inn Express. We frequent H.I. Express alot.

We had a issue that I will not get into, but the manager Susan got involved and took care of us in an extraordinary manner.

I would recommend this facility highly thanks to Susan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Susan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worthington, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the great review and I am so glad that I could help you. I take great pride in our hotel and with my staff. Next time you are thru I hope your stay will be as good as the last. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

hotel was fine. a bit overpriced for my taste at $139/ night. Breakfast included is nice. Downside was the smell. Not sure what it was - smelled like a combination of manure and death. When I turned on the AC, it was very strong and noticable. Didn't notice in the lobby or the brekfast area, only in my room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for the odor that came from the heater. It is that time of year and we had been going thru them all and turning them on to get all the dust out of them. I hope that the next time you come thru this way that we will see you again and we will make your next stay a very memorable one for we take great pride in our hotel and the people that come in our doors everyday.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The room was tastefully furnished, the bed was very comfy. The hotel was very clean. Thought it was overpriced for the area and comparable properties in more populated areas with tourist attractions close by. The Ground Round restaurant located in very close proximity was a real bonus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worthington, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We value your comment and we take great pride in our hotel and being able to accommodate our guests and their needs. We hope to see you back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here for our last night of a 10 day trip to Yellowstone and back. We pulled in off the road after a 9 hr drive. We new we might be in trouble since it was the Wednesday night before Sturgis. We got the last room in the hotel. The very helpful desk staff booked us into the Executive Suite. It was my husband and 2 teen age boys and this worked out perfect. It had a king size bed and a pull out sofa for the boys. Also a whirlpool tub with the kids used and watched the olympics. We had a table, frig and microwave. Great stop on your trip, clean and comfortable. They have a really good breakfest with lots of options! I would reccommend this to anyone not wanted to stay in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worthington, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy to be a bright spot on your journey. Our staff works hard to provide excellent service and a clean environment for our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again the next time you're in town.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Worthington? Share your experiences!