“Very clean and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Woodbury
Chisholm
“Very clean and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The room and facility was clean. We only stayed one night because we were just passing through on a roadtrip. The price was low and I was skeptical but it was both a cheap room and a clean room. Very pleased and the staff was great! I recommend it anyone.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We appreciate your glowing remarks. We are glad we were able to provide you with a clean affordable room and that you found our staff to be helpful.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Humboldt, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Had a great stay, maybe we were the only guest as there was no noise coming from other rooms. I sleep very lightly so that is a big plus for me. The parking lot was nearly full so I'm guessing the hotel was close to capacity.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Shawn - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you found our hotel to be quiet, which made your stay that much better. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Hinsdale, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nice, clean, quiet Hotel. lots of places nearby to shop. Convenient location. Great value for your money. (Grab-n-go breakfast not so great though.) 10 minutes to downtown St Paul, 20 to downtown Mpls.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a nice, clean and quiet room. As well, I’m glad that you enjoyed our convenient location. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Maplewood, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The overall place was fresh, neat and clean. There were convenient stores and shopping plazas right by. The price was affordable and it made everything so easy and relaxing. My room was fresh and clean. I loved the stay. I wouldn't mind staying for longer periods. The staff was awesome and made sure I had all that I needed. I highly recommend it to all travelers, even those with children. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you found your room to be fresh and clean. Our staff is delighted that we were able to provide you with everything you required. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Tower, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay, Woodbury in October, and just booked my room for two more nights at Christmas. Both times I booked using Pricelines bidding system and have gotten a great rate, but even their regular room price is well worth it if you're not looking for a lot of amenities. The rooms are well laid out and spacious, and I loved the decor (it isn't traditional "hotel"). The bed was very comfortable, and the bedding was above what I expected. The room was very clean, but the previous tenant was a cigar smoker and the room reeked when I arrived. Housekeeping came up and sprayed and it was "ok" after that (I will be requesting a room without the cigar reek this time and was told it wouldn't be a problem to get that honored when I checked out the last visit). The kitchenette setup is nice, and I enjoy saving money but making my own meal rather than having to eat out all the time (Walmart and a grocery store are very close by for shopping). There is a free grab and go breakfast of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit, granola bars, and oatmeal. The hotel doesn't have a pool, which was fine with me. It also doesn't have an ice machine which was disappointing, but you can make it in your freezer or just buy a bag at a nearby store and put it in the freezer. I saw one review on here complaining of homeless looking people hanging out at the hotel, so I want to point out that this hotel is used by many people who are in town for a prolonged stay for work, many are men who are construction and other blue collar workers. Most I spoke too were very friendly, they held doors open for me, and one offered to carry my bags for me. It's disgusting to judge someone because they have shaggy beards and are wearing old clothes. The front desk attendant was great too, he was friendly, talkative, and helped me prank a friend who was visiting. When I left the morning guy gave me a ton of info about the chain when I asked about other locations. I look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: If you make your reservations on line, call the hotel and let them know by PHONE if a smoking room i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the cigar smoke. Still, we are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable bed, a fully equipped kitchen, and our free grab and go breakfast.

Bay Area, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had never stayed at an Extended Stay America so there were a few things that surprised us. First, you have your own small kitchen which was nice. There is no hotel ice maker because you have ice trays in your freezer. Also there is no maid service unless you stay longer ( we were there 4 nights) so you make your own bed. If you need clean towels you bring the dirty ones to the front desk and get new ones. After we got used to these differences we had a good stay. The bed was very comfortable. But there was a sickly sweet smell, probably from the cleaner they use. We bought a candle to take care of it. But I wonder when the hotel industry will realize that any smell is too much. Anyway nice people here and a quiet room (get one facing the parking lot).

Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with all of the amenities we had to offer and the bed in your room. Still, it was disheartening to read that there was a slight odor in your room. Please know, our maintenance staff has eliminated this smell and will work to ensure it does not return in the future.

Hastings, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We just used Priceline.com for the 1st time ever after a friend of my wife mentioned this site. Place our order in and got a room for $38 a day at the this great hotel and after staying at the Red Roof Inn for $55 a day the last 3 days prior. We will always be using this website and staying at this great hotel. I would recommend this great place to stay for long periods of time to Extended Stay so worth the money. Thank You so much for putting a smile on my whole family face for the first time in a while, after weeks of tears and mad faces. THANK YOU SO MUCH

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the value our hotel offers.

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury? Share your experiences!