“Yum” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 75 Restaurants in Woodbury
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stop in for doughnuts fairly regularly. The baked goods and birthday cakes are awesome. I have never eaten on site or purchased that type of food. Just the baked goods, but I would highly recommend them.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Woodbury, Minnesota
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I wanted to love this bakery. Really, I did. I've been twice, and both times it was so disappointing. First of all, its dirty. You can see into the back, which normally is fine, but its dirty and disorganized. Second, the glaze on the regular glazed doughnuts was waxy and literally left a film in my mouth. Third, my two-year old ordered a frosted sugar cookie and it was so hard and stale she wouldn't even eat it. I keep thinking about trying this bakery again, because I don't know of another bakery in Woodbury, but I think I'll just run to Holiday or Kowalskis the next time I want a treat.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Celebrated brunch is just ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We found a review online for their brunch that is supposed to have some pretty good stuff including quiche (my wife's favorite). We went one Saturday morning when most people were in picking up orders or getting doughnuts. The restaurant isn't really set up for brunch or buffet service but big whoop. From everything we had heard, I was expecting quite a layout. There were some eggs, quiche, pastries and some breakfast meat. The quiche was just ok, the eggs were good but McD even gets those right, the pastries were pretty tasty so I will give them that. You get a paper plate that you throw away after each trip and then try to get someone's attention to get another one-good luck there. The table are completely crowded in and I hope they were trying to get a funky vibe by having mismatched chairs but it really doesn't work.

Overall impression, there are a lot of better places to get breakfast around Woodbury.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Below average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family gets birthday cakes from here all the time and they are always excellent, so when my mom's 50th birthday came along I decided to order a very fancy fondant cake....YUK! First of all I am probably crazy for spending $75 on a birthday cake but I wanted everything perfect...and it was except for the cake. The cake itself was beautifully decorated and looked amazing, however, when we tried to cut into the cake it was hard as rocks and the fondant tasted like crap! We had to peel the frosting off to eat the cake. I called and told them about this experience and they told me they would send me a $15 gift card to try and make up for it...big whoop! Its been a year and I still haven't received it...I WILL NEVER GO BACK!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Love Bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Have been a Dorothy Ann Bakery lover for 40+ years way back when they were originally located in "Sunray Shopping Center". They have always had the best custard filled bismarks. Chantilly cakes are awesome - I especially like the Lemon.

• Visited January 2013