“Serious problems” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Baldwin, Wisconsin, United States
“Serious problems”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I purchased food for carryout which for starters took 35 minutes to get ordered and put together. During this time I watched up close and first hand a bald headed gentleman and another lady switched around on multiple jobs (cashier work, food delivering to tables and something back in the kitchen). While I was waiting I watched the bald headed gentleman constantly cough directly onto people's food (would have cancelled my order and walked out if he had any direct contact with my food personally). He constantly coughed half the time into the air or into his hand and only once after doing something in the kitchen did he wash his hands (without soap and after delivering about 4 meals to peoples tables). After that he must have switched out of his duty and expected the lady to take over, but apparently a money drop was more important as my food sat at the window as the cook called out my order at least 3 times. Finally I went to the window to grab it myself as it was sitting getting cold (kitchen window is in a main walkway, not behind any counters) and got yelled at that they would get it for me in which I replied rather frustrated at this point that I would like to get my food while it was warm. I am not a person who complains much or goes out of my way to do this, but this was gross and horrible.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome burger joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I used Groupons for our orders and they were very accommodating. The food was super tasty. I had a spicy, black bean burger, fries and a rootbeer float. The service was wonderful and we will definitely come back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Delicious Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

They serve up delicious greasy burgers. One of our favorites burger places and would place them as a close second to Five Guys.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Did we just miss the boat on this one?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went there quite a while ago and didn't care for it. I have read through some of the other reviews and I am wondering if we were at the same place? The burgers were just ok, nothing special. The fries were just that too, ok. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place looked good as expected since they had just opened. Sounds like they made some changes so maybe it isn't as greasy anymore.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Always good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love smashburger, even if it is a little pricier simply because you can order it quick and be eating in a reasonably quick amount of time. The downfall is that the burger feels like its a heart attack waiting to happen, but what would you expect?

Visited February 2013