“Red oof Inn” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Woodbury
Aitkin, Minnesota
“Red oof Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The light was out on their sign, therefore it was Red oof Inn! We had reserved two double beds as there were three of us, got there at 10 pm and they had given our room away so we got a king size bed for three people! That was all they had left. Luckily the third was a ten year old. We were tired and didn't argue much about it. Kind of dingy room, Slept ok though. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Woodbury/Saint Paul, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Suzemo2 :

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
First I would like to apologize for you not receiving the room type that you had reserved. We do not try to downgrade reservation. We try to upgrade if we are over booked on a room type. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Once again please accept my apologies and I do hope that I will see you at our Inn in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had read reviews about this hotel and had some reservations about booking there, it seems like people either love or hate this hotel. The woman at the front desk was nice, friendly and helpful. We didn't see any excessive amounts of trash outside. One of the buildings was being painted and/or worked on, so the windows were covered with plastic, but it didn't look unsafe and while we saw the workers we never heard them. Our room was non smoking and smelled fine. I noticed that the furniture, bed and decor were pretty old and you could see where things had been fixed, but the room was super clean and the sheets looked new. We were missing a few towels so I called the front desk and within 5 minutes a maid came with them and said they were having problems with laundry and apologized. I would recommend this place, we didn't have any problems.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is horrible!
The police were there several times.
The gross carpet was not vacuumed nor were the sheets changed at all in the five days we were there! There was old food in the refrigerator when we got there. Three of five days the maid removed our towels but didn't leave any replacements. The front desk gave us a negative attitude when we asked for just one. They claimed to be out of them and had to wash more just for us!
The staff claimed they were remodeling but I never saw a single worker or tool. However I did see plenty of trash and litter near the dumpster.
The internet was nonfunctional and the tv had limited channels.
The water pressure was so low I'm not sure why I bothered to attempt washing my hair at all!

The only plus was that they allowed dogs and we were in town for a dog show.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Theresa T:

Thank you for taking the time to to proviide us with your feedback redarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for not having towels brought to your room everyday of your stay. We are not remodeling but painting the doors and trim of the exterior of the buildings. We have also ordered more linens. We are hoping these changes will provide our guest an enjoyable stay at our property.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We love staying at the Red Roof Inn in saint paul with our family as the price is right and it's nice and clean and the location is very central. We will be staying here whenever we come to saint Paul. our Grandson loves to swim in the pool and they always put our families rooms close together.Thank-you to a very friendly staff also

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

They gave me a smoking room, not what I wanted but it was the only room left so I agreed to take it. I paid for it, went up to the room (#225) and it was completely torn apart - unmade. No effort to make it up. I will NOT stay at Woodbury Red Roof again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RedRoofInn063, Manager at Red Roof Inn Woodbury/Saint Paul, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Bill K:

First I would like to apologize for not having a non smoking room for you. We have made a few changes so that each Guest can enjoy a pleasent stay at our property.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Red Roof Inc. Woodbury Minnesota, is great place to stay if you on a budget. The staff is friendly and service is good. Room is clean, and enough toiletries. Heat and A/C work good and they do have refrigerator . I stay at many budget motel around the The Twin City, and this one is far the best. I would visit this Hotel twice per month. Me and my girl friend like it so much we ask for Customer REDI card ( make sure you ask to join REDI club) you get free room !!! The front desk manager name Darly she super friendly , and polite, check in and out is easy....

Lee

Room Tip: IF you have questions make sure to ask fo the manager name Darly she very friendly, and besure to jo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far the nastiest hotel I've seen in a long time! The rooms smell like old cigarettes the beds are uncomfortable with dirty bedding and the walls and ceiling had mold on them! My fiancé and I had to stay there for one night and payed $69 for that night, I wouldn't pay $10 to stay there if I had to do it all over again! Everything in the room was dirty just plain nasty I can't say it enough! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed March 2014
We truly apologize for your experience. We strive to make your stay a positive one.

Been to Red Roof Inn Woodbury/Saint Paul? Share your experiences!