“Very nice sports bar” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray J's American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 75 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very nice sports bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I often eat alone and keep weird hours, and this is one place I know I can get very good food late at night and where I'm comfortable being alone with a novel. The chicken wings are amazing. I can't say they are the best in the twin cities because I haven't tried every place, but they are the best I've eaten in any city. It has a pleasant atmosphere of people having fun. It has never been too loud when I've been there ... except when a local team makes a score, and that is part of the fun.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

minnesota
“Awesome place to just chill out and have wings...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The happy hour specials are awesome. The wings are real chicken wings. Super good! Pizzas are hand tossed and delicious. The wait staff is always around and ready. Sports bar atmosphere so don't expect a high class treatment. It's in Woodbury but not "like" Woodbury. Here, people drink beer and lick the sauce off their fingers! Great place to go with the guys!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Been going to here for years. Always guaranteed good service, food and a cold Guinness on tap. Wings are actually wings - not drummies. Seared Ahi Tuna is fantastic. Wood fire pizzas are great and they have a decent patio area. One of the best in Woodbury.

connecticut
“Pleasant, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Next to the holiday inn where I stayed. Food was good. Bar servers were top flight, pleasant and efficient. Definitely stop whe I am again in the area.

Visited May 2013
Minnesota
“Eh....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We used to eat at Ray J's as a family years ago and always found the food OK. Last night a group of women went for a moms' night out. We had sandwiches, and one salad for our vegetarian friend.

My friend who had the pear salad was probably the most happy. It was huge and loaded with pears and cheese chunks. None of the rest of us were overly impressed. My reuben was boring (corned beef was low on taste and I couldn't find any cheese) and my potato salad side consisted of four halved small potatoes with a huge chunks of harsh onion and a very funky horseradish dressing. Jean, who always eats dessert instead of a meal, ate most of her huge piece of cheesecake. She said it was definitely not homemade.

Service was spotty; although the waitress did not flinch at 8 separate checks (always welcome), she did not come and refill our water glasses or ask how the meals were, and she didn't offer another round of drinks or desserts for anyone after dinner was served. I think we were her last table and she just wanted to go home!

Nice bar and the wings looked fabulous. Guessing that a night out with drinks and wings would have been a smarter way to experience Ray J's.

• Visited February 2013