“Updated hotel, smaller spaces” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Woodbury
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Updated hotel, smaller spaces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while in town for a wedding (not held at the hotel). In total, we had about 8 rooms. The hotel is newer and updated. While the rooms were fine, they weren't overly spacious. Our room, with a king bed had a large desk and while the bathroom wasn't big, it was far larger than the bathroom in a room with 2 double beds.
Like other Starwood hotels, the bed and bedding were very comfortable and the rooms were clean.
The only complaint I would have is that the common-areas didn't have much space. As we were a larger group, there really wasn't anywhere that we could all get together. The lobby had a few couches, but it was still a rather small space. The pool is tiny with no room for any tables or chairs and the water didn't seem all that clean...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Maplewood, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I met some friends at the restaurant. Good service, and the jumbo scallops with linguini was one of the best I have ever had. No leftovers this time! I will go back, and soon. The decor is dark wood and it was quiet and calming after a busy day.

Room Tip: I didn't stay there.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed in the Sheraton at Woodbury St. Paul for close to three weeks in April-May 2014. Its essentially a good business hotel, that knows to satisfy the business traveler, including the international visitors like me. The rooms are reasonable large & clean, with the courteous & helpful staff stretching to make your stay comfortable. Essentials like free Wi-Fi & a good breakfast ensure that your not caught complaining for most parts. What is a bit of a let down is a restricted menu, specially given that there aren't too many restaurants in the walking vicinity. The location too is one that allows for little recreation outside, unless you take a taxi / drive a little distance. Overall a great place to come back after work for a relaxing stay. Food can be better, but I'm sure they'll eventually get there!

Room Tip: Be sure to sign up for the SPG program as that'll get you some extra service & goodies!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sauk Centre, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Enjoyed staying at the Sheraton in Woodbury. It's a very clean, nice hotel with mostly good beds! Found one room during a stay that was't as comfortable, even though they said all the beds were the same...Must have found an old one! Anyway - they made the change no problem. Nice little pool and hot tub area too!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem pretty much the same. The club level has the happy hour and morning snacks - whi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

In my 4 years of being a SPG Gold member, I have not experienced such terrible customer service. Checking in I was told I had no access to the Lounge. Why? " It is only open to SPG Platinum members" OK. Can you please give me access to the lounge, charge me extra if you must. NO.
Why Not? You have a prepaid rate, through a 3rd party that cannot be changed. BTW, I had booked the room on www.spg.com.
I asked to speak to a manager. "I am the only one working, so I guess I am the manager".
This had me fuming mad. I have not heard so many NO's at hotel checkin as an Elite member

In 2014, I have already stayed 21 nights at a hotel. Terrible Customer service is inexcusable.
How is the hotel? Not bad. Lots of Earth Tone colors. Sheraton Woodbury is an exact copy of Sheraton Minneapolis, Midtown, but with a much smaller swimming pool.

In the future, if I do have to stay East of the Twin Cities, I will choose a Carlson hotel, where my business and loyalty is always appreciated. Or, even, gulp, a Hilton property. Will not return.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bathtub, you might want to request one. Our room had a standup shower.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

PROs: Hotel staff from the front desk to the restaurant were superb! Excellent, helpful, friendly etc. The hotel lobby very nice and liked hanging out there more than my room. Free use of printer and computer although I could not bring up my PREZI presentation to review for some reason they block this program. The food from restaurant was very good. Room set up is very nice. I like the bathroom double doors. Shower was hot and strong all very good. Nice size desk to work at but lighting was poor.

CONS: stains on bed spread and some of the towels and wash cloths and dingy sheets. You can tell room is getting a little worn. Remote control likely needed change of batteries. Small hairs--not mine in tub and on floor when I inspected room. A bit dark in the room as well--they need better lighting. I chose this hotel because of Trip Advisor reviews which generally do not let me down but I was not ecstatic overall about my stay for the reasons above. Great hotel stay to me----very clean room, comfortable bed, free WI Fi, good food and peaceful sleep. It had some but not all to give high marks. So if you need all the above you may want to look elsewhere.

I most likely would not stay again unless they upgrade rooms a bit or no where else to go and I only need for a very short stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Spent a couple nights at the Sheraton this weekend. It is a nice, clean, newer property. We were upgraded to the club level on the 5th floor. Very nice up there with free breakfast and pop/water during the day. Rooms are fairly standard, but definitely meant for business travelers -- large desk unit on the wall under the window. Have a small restaurant on the first floor and a quiet bar (open until 11:00). My only complaint and why I didn't give it 5 stars was noise both nights. For some reason, they allow dogs in the rooms, even on the club level. So we had a dog barking at 12:30 a.m., 6:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. The next night two people were having a loud conversation outside their room at 2:30 a.m. Hard to believe that people are that rude.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel? Share your experiences!