“They basically told us to "Hurry up and leave"” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Buffet
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
“They basically told us to "Hurry up and leave"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend, his son and I went to Akita for dinner on Sunday night. We sat down for only 15 minutes and just made our first order. Our server (A lady-with terrible english) came back and told us "You can only order 2 times and we close" I was so blown away by the rudeness and horrible service. They were opened for another hour and 15 minutes and already wanted us out! Hello? its called "ALL YOU CAN EAT".. I never use to mind going to Akita, but they've just lost more customers but we definitely will not be going back there anymore. I gave that server a not so good tip and she was bitc**** away in the kitchen or wherever she was about it. It was so loud, we heard it on our way out the door. My boyfriend's son didnt even get a chance to eat and they charged us for a 4 year old who didnt eat anything. Never AGAIN!!

We definitely paid too much and little food and bad service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
St Paul, MN
“decent sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

decent sushi, good service, pleasant and comfortable atmosphere all at a good price. Try the lunch or all you care to eat for great prices

Visited June 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“best bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you have been craving sushi they make it to order and you get to order of the menu as many times as you want for just one price! It's a great value!

Visited April 2012
Maplewood, Minnesota, United States
“TERRIBLE SERVICE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've got to say that I don't mind their sushi and all. Their menu is great but the service is TERRIBLE! Sometimes I think that maybe it was just the server that we got. So next time we go back, different server and same service! We've had SUCH bad experience there, so we stopped going there! I kid you not, one time the server dropped the check off and she rolled her eyes at us. Every time she came back to take our order, she has a very rude attitude. Just plain rude. I'm a server myself and I know how to treat other server. I am disgusted by this place. DON'T EVER GO IN A LARGE GROUP BECAUSE THE MORE PEOPLE THE WORST THE SERVICE GETS.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cottage Grove
“Bad SERVICE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Come on Akita... You overcharge your sushi and you don't have website! I will never go back and eat there ever again. The service is.... can't explain it anymore. The food, it's not even fresh... Extremely disappointed for the bad service, food and NO WEBSITE!

• Visited April 2012