“Room was small” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Winona
Janesville
“Room was small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Nice, friendly staff. The only complaint is that the room was a little small and lacked frig and micro. It wasn't a problem for us this year as it was only one night but if we had to stay longer we would probably find a different motel. oh, 24 hour coffee that is fresh was a big plus as we had to leave for work at 4am.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Morgan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I don't usually stay in hotels without pools but decided on this one after reading the many good reviews as I needed a relatively inexpensive spot for a night before getting my sister off on her Amtrak train! One night morphed into two when her train was delayed.

I'd actually checked out and later had to check back in. Mariah was very helpful and kind after she knew we'd been having a stressful day of delay after delay notices on the train departure. She recommended a room with a recliner and let me have a peek before checking in for day number 2. Hats off to her for friendliness and professionalism and for getting me a great room rate and extending the check out time just a bit for us earlier that day as well so that we wouldn't have to spend all day driving around Winona waiting until the station finally opened.

Also, the young woman who checked me into the hotel to begin with (name starts with a D..sorry I can't find my note) was also first rate for front desk service. Obviously, the manager has trained her staff well and it shows!

The bathrooms are small in this hotel, but that's not a deal breaker for me especially at this price point but it's just good to know if you have little kids and need to monitor their baths.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms (I stayed in two) were very clean. We had a gal named Tammy in our section. I used to work in the hotel industry in housekeeping and I'm not easy to please. Great job, Tammy!

I wasn't expecting gluten free items at a discount hotel, but they keep some back in the freezer just in case. Good news for me for breakfast!

It's an older hotel, but they have done some upgrading and the lobby and breakfast area are very nice. The doors to the rooms, including the bathrooms, and the furniture were showiing some wear and tear and could use some work in that department, but that's a minor issue.

So, if you need budget and not fancy, this property will fit the bill quite nicely. Thanks for a great 2 days. If I had to get stuck, I'm glad it was at Days Inn Winona.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The room was a nice size with 2 great beds. Very clean. The breakfast was great: waffles, biscuits and gravy along with the usual. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Winona? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Winona

Address: 420 Cottonwood Drive, Winona, MN 55987
Location: United States > Minnesota > Winona
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Winona
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Winona 2*
A complimentary Continental breakfast is served each morning. Days Inn Winona also offers a fitness facility, wireless Internet access, and conference rooms. Onsite parking is complimentary. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Winona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Winona Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Winona, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.