“HOTEL STAY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Winona
SPRING VALLEY
“HOTEL STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hotel staff was awesome here. Rooms somewhat small but we were only there to sleep. Price was good. Neat and clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Upon trying to make reservations, I was told I had to pay a $25.00 non-refundable charge just to make a reservation. I make 30-40 nights of reservations per year all over the country and NEVER have had that happen. After calling ALL of the other local hotels only to find they were booked, I swallowed my bile and paid the reservation fee. I needed to hold three rooms on my card to be paid on arrival by the occupants of the rooms. They insisted I either make the reservations on each individuals cards or pay for all of the rooms UP FRONT on my card, and it would be non-refundable! They also insisted on a 7day cancellation, but not if I had put all rooms on my card at which point there would be no cancellation.
Upon checking in, my party was rudely informed that the entire stay would be charged immediately, not daily. We also had an add-on into one of the rooms that they chose to charge us for, so she had to move into another room to avoid charges.
There is a reason that EVERY OTHER hotel in town was booked. The service here is lousy. We will never stay here again, in fact we would rather miss the event than stay at Days Inn Winona. I can't believe that they are allowed to charge this way and that corporate is OK with it.
And personally after reading other reviews I don't care that they have the "Chairman's Award", I obviously stands for poor service and shoddy accomodations.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Spring Valley, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here overnight for a wedding. The room was small but clean. The manager/owner was pleasant and went out of her way to make sure breakfast went well- waffles, coffee cake, sausage & biscuits along with the usual items. I feel it was reasonably priced and would stay there again. It suited our needs of a place to sleep.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MADISON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

great visit. Please see my other comments. I don't like to be forced to write more when I don't have more to say.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

EXELAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I hated the pillows but we arrived late, and I didn't realize I could exchange them. Pretty decent hotel, but I feel I paid way too much ($99 for a room that there was nothing special about).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Winona? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Winona

Address: 420 Cottonwood Drive, Winona, MN 55987
Location: United States > Minnesota > Winona
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Winona
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Winona 2*
A complimentary Continental breakfast is served each morning. Days Inn Winona also offers a fitness facility, wireless Internet access, and conference rooms. Onsite parking is complimentary. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Days Inn Winona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Winona Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Winona, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.