“Fabulous Soups - Good Quality Homestyle Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 71 Restaurants in Winona
Cuisines: American
Huntsville, Alabama
“Fabulous Soups - Good Quality Homestyle Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I ate here based on the other reviews in tripadvisor and was not disappointed. Had I known how good the soup would be (vegetable beef) I would have ordered a bowl of that and quit there. Of course I could have had salad/soup bar and eaten it until I ate too much. The stuff was homemade and had great pieces of lean been, lots of chunk tomatoes and a fabulous flavor. The stroganoff I had was tasty - not the best I had ever had but very good. I asked for it to go and requested some extra noodles as I found it a little saucier than I like. My request was graciously met. The service was very good and the iced tea was excellent. These folks know how to steep a tea bag.

The atmosphere was basic - it was a simple restaurant with an extensive menu. The smaller size senior portions were a nice addition. With the exception of the tea as $2, the prices were very, very reasonable. I live in Alabama so I can't frequent this place often and that is too bad.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis
“Basic Food, Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Jolene & I wanted a simple meal while staying in Winona. We stopped at the Timbers Restaurant. The service was attentive and pleasant. The menu was basic comfort type food Entrees ranged from about $8.00 for the pulled pork sandwich to $16.00 for the prime rib special. All had a $3.00 add on salad bar option. The Timbers is an OK place if you are in jeans or want an uncomplicated meal. A sixties rock radio station was played in the background. Be aware the restaurant closes at 9:45 PM on Saturdays. We would visit again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, MN
“Good choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great service, nice Minnesota atmosphere, lots of menu choices. The seniors/lite menu is a real bargain and just the right portion sizes. The bean soup is fab. Can't go wrong for a casual meal here.

Visited April 2012
Buffalo City WI
“I like the salad bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I like the salad and soup bar. It is small but tasty. The locations is good and parking is easy. They also have a small bar if you want a drink.

Winona, Minnesota
“An okay restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

The food is good, but the service is just okay. Staff not very friendly. Prices are within reason.