“good value for cost” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Willmar
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“good value for cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a good hotel to stay in while in Willmar. Great location. Clean and quiet. I did not use the pool but spoke with those who did and they said if was fine. Breakfast could use a few more items like decaf coffee for one.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vaughan, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Room is tight and not well lit. It was not particularly clean. Bathroom is extremely tight. I am nervous about bed bugs at these types of places. It was dingy. There is no restaurant and we were advised to go to the Holiday Inn next door for dinner. At the Holiday Inn, there was a large restaurant, clean hotel going through renovations to improve, which left me to question why did we not stay here? Breakfast at the AmericInn was satisfactory with waffles, eggs and toast, etc. The coffee was undrinkable watered down. Whatever it was, it was definitely not drip coffee or it was far too diluted. I don't need to have a high standard when travelling on my own, but I refuse to stay in these types of accommodations anymore. This was a mistake. That being said, it seemed to have a decent pool.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Shailesh P, General Manager at AmericInn Willmar, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to review our property! Please accept my apologies for your overall first time experience with us. I am the new owner and planned to have renovation and adoption of addition in breakfast menue too. We hope you will let us host your next visit to Willmar, MN!
Regards
SP
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

As a result of my business travels, I thought I couldn't go wrong staying at an AmericInn hotel in Minnesota. Unfortunately - AmericInn Willmar proved me wrong. Old and outdated; breakfast, what there was, was very disappointing - fried eggs kept in the cooler and had to be nuked, no breakfast meats of any type (sausage, sausage gravy, etc.); entrance door nearest our room went out of order the second day there (stayed 4 days) and was still out of order when we left; No manager reception as with other AmericInns; Room keys kept malfunctioning and had to keep getting them reset; although the staff was very friendly the manager was either rarely around or always on the phone. To top it all off, they over charged me and I had to go back after the fact and get the amount corrected - which they did so in a timely manner. Maybe I've come to expect too much from the great experiences I've had at other AmericInn Hotels, but the rates have been the same and this place just didn't match up. One more thing, although they advertise fitness center accessibility, it was quite a distance from the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Choose a room someplace else.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This Hotel room was very clean and larger than expected. The staff was very friendly upon arrival. There was room for improvement where the breakfast was concerned. Would stay there again. Good location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel was fine.

It was clean.

It was quiet. The bed was comfortable.

The free breakfast (including waffles) was perfect.

They don't have an elevator so if you have trouble climbing stairs, request a 1st floor unit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marcus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Was very satisfied with the AmericInn in Willmar. It was clean, quiet, and was a perfect location to meet my daughter from Grand Forks, North Dakota to spend a weekend together! We enjoyed our time in Willmar and would plan to meet there again sometime, it is about half-way for both of us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Badger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The front desk person was great! She was friendly and made us feel very welcome to the hotel. I also forgot my room key and she was very kind in giving me another. She was also there when we had breakfast and she was helpful in getting the item we needed right away. The room was clean and very comfortable, but the exceptional staff is what will bring us back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Been to AmericInn Willmar? Share your experiences!