“Lovely Meal Out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Chequers Pub & Kitchen

The Chequers Pub & Kitchen
Park Road, Westoning MK45 5LA, England (Formerly The Chequers Pub & restaurant)
01525 712967
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Westoning
Cuisines: European, Italian, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Chequers is a great Pub in the heart of Westoning, just off Junction 12 of the M1. A great place to eat, drink and relax. No pool tables or fruit machines just good old fashioned pub values with a quality food offering.
Henlow, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went to the chequers for a family birthday. The food is really lovely - mix of british and italian. Lovely pastas and fish. Wonderful starters - squid is yummy. Everyone had a real mix of course and we all really enjoyed our meals - gluten free chocolate torte with raspberry sorbet it AMAZING. Best part however was the service - really exceptional, friendly, courteous and just really really good. I would recommend them. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere. - great for couples, families or celebrations.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Philip K, Owner at The Chequers Pub & Kitchen, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Firstly- thank you so much for choosing us to celebrate your family birthday. I'm delighted to hear you had a good time at The Chequers and that you enjoyed our menu. We try to offer a good mix of food to suit everyone's taste and mood so many thanks for the thumbs up! I'm particularly pleased to hear that you were so well looked after by our great team who I know will also be thrilled to read your comments.
Our menu will soon be changing for the Spring season so please come back and try out some of our new dishes!

Bedford, United Kingdom
“The place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I regularly chose to eat and drink here and would recommend the sausage or steak! the food is always good and they are very accommodating to my wishes. The staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming. There is always a brilliant atmosphere. I wish them all the best for the future :)

Dear Louise,
Thank you so much for the lovely review- and for visiting us so regularly!Our steak and sausages, like all our meat, come from our local butchers, BW Deacon, and I quite agree they are delicious. Our team here are really dedicated to providing excellent customer service so I'm thrilled to hear we've been looking after you so well and will certainly look forward to doing so again in the future.
Westoning
“Good village pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Being a regular at the chequers I often eat in the restaurant and have no complaints on that part, would recommend the steak to anyone! The staff are very welcoming and friendly. It also has a nice atmosphere when coming for a few drinks with friends, glad to see the pub in good hands and hope to see it have many more years at this success :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hello Carly and thank you so much for your really lovely comments. We've had a great 7 months since opening which we could never have achieved without the support and loyalty of local regulars such as yourself. It's great to hear you're still enjoying the food,service and atmosphere at The Chequers and I know all the staff look forward to welcoming you back here again and again.
See you soon!
Toddington, United Kingdom
“Very slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I visited the pub on Sunday for lunch. We telephoned ahead to see if they could accommodate us, which we were told they could. We arrived about 2.30pm, well after the lunchtime rush. We ordered our mains which took 45 minutes to arrive. There was no apology from the waiter when the food finally arrived. Food was ok. We would have ordered pudding but the long wait for the mains left us feeling annoyed and we could not be bothered to hang around even longer for pudding. I note I am not the first to comment on the slow service. I am not in a hurry to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Gemma,
I'm terribly sorry to hear you had such a wait for your meals which, I quite agree, is completely unacceptable.I can't imagine what could have caused such a delay but would certainly like to investigate this further.I have tried to contact you over this past week to discuss it further and left you a message so please do call me back so that I can apologise in person.
London, United Kingdom
“Superb and family friendly too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Amazing food, modern twist on traditional pub food. Staff were very helpful and great with children, my 6 year old was even shown around the kitchen! Well worth a visit

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Philip K, Owner at The Chequers Pub & Kitchen, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your great comments Jayne. So glad to hear you enjoyed our food and that our staff are looking after our younger customers just as well as our older ones!
Hope to see you again soon.