“Very nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Warroad
Fargo, North Dakota
“Very nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for the week end and the service was excellent. The staff was well informed of the area and was very professional at there work even the check in was fast and friendly. this is an wonderful place with nice lobby and big screen T.V. in it. The front desk had no problem turning on the game for us and our room was nice and roomy very cozy and the heating system they have is great no noise from it and it stayed at the same temp when we adjusted the temp on the wall. It was very clean and beds where comfy The management was very friendly and would help with what ever we needed. It was a little noisy with a hockey team there but they played well and won there games for what i understood I just have to say that this was one of the better places i have stayed and i well be returning to this jem. I did have a problem with my auto and the manager had not problem giving me a jump start with his very well maintained individual. Very well worth the price. Thank you Americas Best Inn for a wonderful stay you guys well see me again.

Room Tip: Try staying on the top floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We were there this last weekend for a hockey tournament, I booked the hotel upon the reviews I read on trip advisor and it was last one that could take our whole team. We were not impressed at all. The front desk people were not the most accomadating to anything you would ask for and were actually very unfriendly. I wouldn't recommend this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Winkler, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here last weekend for a hockey tournament. We got a room on the main floor which turned out we could here everything above us. The sound of showers running almost seemed continuous.
We did have an issue with another guest in the hotel offering our kids beer and the front desk did help.
The room did seem clean for the most part. Bed was old and needs to be updated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Richfield, Mn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

First off, this probably is one of the most noisy hotels I have ever been at. Between the slamming of doors and ambient noise from other rooms, if you are a light sleeper, or are just in need of a peaceful night, this hotel isn't great. As for the room itself, it was clean, albeit the furnishings are few and far between. Bed quality was average, but again, with the noise, it probably won't make much difference. Another terrible aspect to this hotel is what they deem to be their continental breakfast. Having been here on a weekend, when they were either full or close to it, the only item available were bought pastry, much like Hostess ones. There was coffee available, but absolutely nothing else. A drink machine in the breakfast room was sold out of three different types of juice, leaving little selection. I had always assumed that a continental breakfast would consist of at least a few items, juice being one of them. If you like eating when rising, you won't get squat here. And the last beef I have was value-wise - when you consider the amenities provided, this owner is definitely doing fine - little offered for the money. If you have to stay in Warroad, there are better choices, or better, there are several fine lodgings in Roseau, Mn - 21 miles west on Highway 11.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel before and was pleased, so I never thought that upon returning to the hotel, that I could be even more impressed with the service there. The managers are very knowledgable of he surrounding area and happy to talk with you about the "sights" of the community. They were very pleasant and accomodating whenever we needed anything. The keycard system must have been fixed since my last visit because we had no further problems with that. My room was very clean and nicely furnished. Very large tv and free wi-fi, is always a plus! It was nice and quite all night long, making for a very pleasant night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was nice. I will always be returning to this hotel, when ever I am in the area visiting. They have made a very loyal customer out of me!

• Stayed November 2012
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

stayed here with my children not too long ago and i must say, their rooms are really clean. i used to work at a 4-star hotel as a cleaning lady and i must say that this place rivels my old employer in the cleaniness of the rooms. my kids loved the big tvs and the big beds

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed for years when it was Can-Am. Now common areas are dirty, rooms are dirty. There are no employees that I have ever seen over the last two years- only the very unfriendly man who manages, and his wife who is busy with a 3 week old... Vending machines had one single item... I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Inns Warroad? Share your experiences!