“My stay in Waconia's Americinn Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Cherry Drive, Waconia, MN 55387   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Waconia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“My stay in Waconia's Americinn Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday we stayed at the hotel in Waconia, Minn. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed for 3 days and had a great time. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was terrific. Hot food!! Chocolate donuts and everything. We will stay there again whenever the need arises. Thank you Americinn. C.Payne, Madison, WI

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AmericInn W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We love the great review! Whenever you come to Waconia again we welcome you to stay with us!

Shannon Best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The purpose for my stay was I needed to be close to the hospital to visit a family member. Originally booked one night, had to extend another night due to complications at the hospital and the front desk couldn’t have been more efficient and friendly throughout the whole process. The room was very basic, but very clean. Complimentary breakfast: basic staples such as muffins, bagels, breads (toaster to use), waffles, fruit, juice, milk, etc. every morning. They did change up the “hot” items so if staying more than one night you would not be bored eating the same breakfast every morning. One morning it was ham & cheese croissants, the next biscuits and gravy.

AmericInn is near Highway 5 but no traffic noise could be heard from my room. The hospital is about 6 blocks away. You are not downtown Waconia near the shops/restaurants/bars/lake but Waconia is a small town so nothing is too far away. Since most of my time was spent at the hospital and cafeteria food didn’t appeal to me, I opted for the 2 minute drive and hit a higher end grocery store that has an awesome deli: sandwiches, salad bar or hot items (think lasagna and such) that you can reheat in the microwave in your room or bring back to the hospital. There is also a liquor store next to the grocery store if that is your thing – mini fridge in your room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bird Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the AmericInn Waconia for 3 days with my family. The service was great! We encountered the front desk, housekeeping and the nice older lady in the breakfast room and they were all great with us.
The hotel had a great breakfast each morning. They had HOT foods. Which some hotel don't offer daily. It was a nice bonus. I read the reviews from Trip Advisor and out of the 2 hotels I am happy I chose this one for me and my family. The kids could swim. I could sit in the hot tub. I also took in the sauna. They also have a nice fireplace to sit by. The kids loved the big checker board to play checkers on in the lobby.
Now the rooms are not the average small hotel rooms. The tv's are not outdated. They have the flat screen tv's. If you want to know if this hotel is clean???? It is spotless. We saw the staff cleaning the tile grout while we were there. That's how clean this hotel is. I could have sworn this hotel was brand new and when I asked was amazed it is 5 years old. Very well taken care of.
Oh and there is new restaurant going up next door. The Ground Round. What an added bonus this will be to guest that stay at this hotel!
All in all GREAT stay. Fun memories were made. Thanks AmericInn Waconia! We will be back!

Room Tip: Bring your swimsuits!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Every time I'm in waconia visiting facilities on business, I stay here. It's a decent hotel; quiet and convenient. Rooms are clean. I like the quick breakfast bar you can have in the morning - like toast, yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice and sometimes eggs and biscuits. The staff is friendly. Wireless does not work great with apple devices which is odd, Since I would guess most travelers have an iPad or iPhone. that's probably my only complaint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMAmericInnWaconia, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank You for your great review! We appreciate you staying with us. We are currently working on the IPad and Iphone situation. :-) Your valuable feedback means a lot to us!
Shannon B
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stay at this hotel whenever we are in the area. We had several family members with us this past trip and they all commented about the great breakfast, the nice large rooms, and the neat, clean hotels and public spaces. The price seems a little higher than some may be (Saturdays usually are higher it seems) but it's a very nice facility with great staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your comments regarding your stay. We love having Crown College parents and their college students stay with us!
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We enjoyed our visit. Everything was very well maintained, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there every time that I was in the area, near Crown College.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center on site, but the Anytime Fitness center is just a couple of blocks away...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our stay here was was fine. Stayed for a wedding weekend. While there we heard many tales of trouble with cancelled reservations and unhelpful desk staff. We did not experience it, but family members did. Free breakfast was hot. Coffee not bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia? Share your experiences!