“AMAZING!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis

You added Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis to your Saves list
Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   301 E Frontage Road, Waconia, MN 55387 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - Waconia / Minneapolis)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Waconia
“AMAZING!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I work for a carnival so I travel alot and stay in alot of hotels. At first I thought wow its run down great. And it was a little spendy but you sure do get what you pay for here management wise. you know ya its not a 5 star Holiday Inn hotel but Jay and Anthony are the coolest people I ever met and thats what makes the place 5 star. They make you feel like your family and not just a guest in there hotel. Theyll do your laundry for you if needed and care to your every need. Its true what they say dont judge a book by the cover. I will definitely be staying here again if and when I come back to waconia. Thank You Jay and Anthony you guys are awesome

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I will definitely be staying here again when I come to Waconia. The rooms are very neat and presentable. The staff is very friendly. The young man, I believe his name was Jay, was very accomodating to my every need. The breakfast had a great variety to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask for Jay. He will treat you right!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Waterbury, vt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I needed a room for one night close to my meeting at Ridgeview and I was pleasantly surprised by this place for the price. The room was clean and well equipped with a nice new big screen tv, cable, and dependable wireless signal. They even had a nice work desk in the room and plenty of plugs for my laptop and accessories. The owner was very nice and accommodated every request I had. There was also a decent continental breakfast.

My only complaints would be that there is no fitness room which is to be expected in a hotel of this size and there was no Gideon bible in the room that I could find, which is just a personal pet peeve of mine.

Book on the website directly for a cheaper price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Minneota, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I went to visit family and decided to stay at the Wiconia Inn and Suites. I was impressed with the quiet atmosphere of the lobby and room I slept in. It was very clean and comfortable. There was nice breakfast buffet or cereal, bagels with cream cheese, and juice. The coffee is available 24/7 which is nice if you are one that is up at different times. The manager Jay was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. He always acknowledged our presence when out in lobby by a simple hello and how are you. He just made me feel very welcomed and comfortable. I would definitely go back there because it feels like home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Herkimer, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. Both times the hotel staff was very accommodating even when I had to check in rather late due to plane arrival issues. The rooms were quaint and tidy, and the beds were comfortable. Free wifi was a plus as well. Overall, my stays at this hotel were very pleasant and convenient for the activities I had planned to do while visiting the area. On a special note, I accidentally left my phone behind on my last visit and once I'd been able to contact the manager about my phone, he found it in my room and sent it to me (living in NY) paying for postage himself. I appreciate even more the honesty and generosity of this action.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Waconia Inn & Suites was a perfect stay. At first glimpse, it doesn't appear that it would be very nice considering it is an older building, but my stay here was great. My room was very nice. They were renovating a lot of their rooms while I was there, upgrading them from what I could tell. My room had hardwood floors and brand new lighting fixtures in the bathroom. Even more so than the room, the staff was superb. As a traveling business man I live out of hotels and a nice staff makes all the difference. The manager, Aaron, was so accommodating to anything I needed. Since I am usually on extended stays it is sometime hard to work with the managers, but not at all in this case. I highly recommend this hotel over the other in Waconia if you are planning on staying in the area, especially for an extended period of time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived at 10:30 p.m with kids for a long 4 day weekend. We were greeted by staff who made kids feel good after a long tiring drive.

The rooms were clean and comfortable . We called the first night to get bedding for the pull out and a young man made the unit for us, the next morning we left a note for added towels and a blanket and returned to find them.

The breakfast buffet was great. I stayed all over globe on Hiltons and Sheratons and I must admit this is - on par if not better experience for a fraction of cost in MN. This is without a doubt one of our favorite all time hotel stays.

Room Tip: Recommend people to go for the first floor rooms or the Jacuzzi room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!