“Super Comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis

You added Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis to your Saves list
Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   301 E Frontage Road, Waconia, MN 55387 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - Waconia / Minneapolis)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Waconia
Buhler
“Super Comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Waconia Inn is clean and comfortable. It's just like home away from home. Everything in the room worked perfectly! The staff is exceptionally professional, yet informal, kind and courteous. We felt a "closeness" with them as if we were "family." When I inquired about which routes would be best to nearby locations, the manager, Bruce, even printed out maps for me from his computer. They have a good continental breakfast that stays out until 10:00 am for us late risers, and their room rates are considerably less expensive than the competing motels in the area. We would definitely stay here again, and I highly recommend the Waconia Inn to everyone. It truly is the prime most outstanding motel in the area! Ron J.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I was visiting family at the hospital, it got late and I was way too tired to drive home. Some app indicated an available room at the nearby AmericInn but when we got there, the desk clerk told me they had been sold out all day.

We drive to the next nearest place - The Waconia Inn and Suites. It is an older property, I'm guessing late 70s/early 80s and the signage inside made it obvious that it had been a Super 8 at one point.

The desk clerk was very friendly and made me feel really welcome - a completely opposite experience from the AmericInn. The lobby was immaculate and odor free.

Our room was clean and odor free. The bathroom was a pleasant surprise - it too was exceptionally clean. There was a newer desk, your standard cable and a clean comfy bed.

My only complaint about the stay is that it was pretty warm in the room. The A/C unit is near the ceiling. I'm 5'5" and couldn't reach the controls to turn it on. It got uncomfortably warm during the night. I felt pretty stupid when, in the morning, I realized the window could be opened. I hadn't thought to look the night before.

The good stuff: free WiFi, continental breakfast, very clean, sink separate from shower/tub/toilet room, bathroom fan on separate switch.

When we left in the morning, the same desk clerk was working. We weren't the only guests that night but he remembered us, why we were there and engaged us in some personable conversation. I think he may be an owner because I've never had such friendly service, he made it seem like your checking in to a B&B versus a place for the price conscious to lay their heads.

$80 seemed a little high for a motel in the middle of nowhere but overall it was worth not making the drive home,

• Stayed September 2012
Waconia, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here while moving to town for a new job. It was my home away from home for a week. The room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean and quiet. The management are friendly and very accommodating. It was considerably less than the other hotel in town. This is a "gem" in Waconia!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place did the trick. Although it's not as fancy as the other hotel in town, with a pool. It has a friendly staff, Bruce the manager was great. The rooms are comfortable and they have my favorite bagels in the morning for breakfast! It's also the more affordable option in town. Definitely choose this place.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, be sure to ask for a non smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln Ne.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here on a Sunday evening July 8th. Our daughter lives in Waconia but in a smaller townhome where there is not enough room for all of us to sleep comfortably. Our check in was quick and very friendly. The room was in tip-top shape and very clean and most importantly the place was very quiet and we got a very good nights rest. The only thing that happened that was negative was a car alarm went off around 9:30pm as we were relaxing. I couldn't figure out why the "person who has the car wouldn't shut off the alarm" and the car was MINE! I had laid on my car keys in my pocket and activated the alarm. I was mortified and the staff was very kind when I went out running to shut it off. This hotel will receive our business again today (July 13th) since we are coming back thru to visit our daughter. What a gem!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here. Just the perfect place!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I could not have asked for a better place to stay. The room was super clean, the price was affordable, and the staff was remarkable. I would more than recommend this place for your next stay in Waconia, you would be very pleased!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at the Waconia Inn from 6-21-12/6-24-12. I couldn't have been more pleased with my choice to stay here. My room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the continental brekfast was an added plus. Doug was a perfect host and took a genuine interest in his guests. I would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!