“Best B&B experience ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wabasha
Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure
You added Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure to your Saves list
136 Bridge Avenue, Wabasha, MN 55981   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Wabasha B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sartell, Minnesota
“Best B&B experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Turning Waters for two nights recently. We have stayed at a lot of B&B's over the years, but nothing has even come close to this experience! Richie was a warm, pleasant and relaxing host. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. I can honestly say though, that I have never in all of my travels, been served a breakfast that even came close to the quality and presentation. Both of our breakfasts were full of unique and delicious options. Each dish was so carefully prepared. We ended up sitting at the breakfast table, relaxing and visiting much longer than we intended. They were the highlights of our trip. We will definitely be back, and we will recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
North Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

From the rooms (each different, with its own character) to the breakfasts (they are so particular about the ingredients that they raise their own chickens), to the house itself (an old, spacious house with its unique, natural works of art, books specific to the environment, and a large portrait of Teddy Roosevelt), to the hosts (Michael and Richie know just when to join us for conversation and a beer and when to do their own thing)--Turning Waters is a destination not to be missed.

I would not want to ask them to change one thing! perfect experience!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I set out for a couple of quiet days away, hoping for a peaceful retreat, taking a break from caregiving. What I found at Turning Waters was a home that said 'Welcome' before I made it to the front door, and a wonderful place for rest and renewal. I was greeted with a genuinely warm welcome by our host, Richie, and immediately felt the sense of warmth and peace that flows through this wonderful home. As others have mentioned in reviews, the home is absolutely beautiful, decorated in a way to make a person feel at home and with an emphasis on comfort.

Each room is uniquely wonderful. I stayed in the Prairie Room and was greeted by prairie sounds, chirping of birds and crickets, and a simple, luxurious space with an awesomely comfortable bed. All rooms have private baths; the baths for the Prairie Room and Wetlands room are 'down the hall', very easily accessible. My bathroom was spacious and beautiful, and had both a walk-in shower and a wonderful claw foot soaking tub. The main floor of the home has great space for tucking oneself into a quiet corner to read, or visiting with other guests. The porch also was a beautifully inviting place to have my second cup of coffee each morning, after a walk along the river.

Turning Waters is just a couple of short blocks from the river, offering a wonderful opportunity to wander and enjoy a leisurely walk along the river. It is also is just a couple of blocks from the downtown area and a five-minute walk from the Eagle Center. There are great hiking trails in the area, and the Trempeleau National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to visit while in the area.

My husband and I have stayed at quite a few bed and breakfasts. We've met some great folks and have enjoyed good hospitality; breakfasts really seem to vary. Breakfast at Turning Waters is a great experience, and it's obvious Richie and Michael have a respect for good food. The meals were wonderful, with a focus on fresh fruits and vegetables (many organically grown), with the main dish beautifully and lovingly crafted. Breakfast at Turning Waters was, by far, the best breakfast I've had at a bed and breakfast. After making sure each guest had what he or she needed, our host sat down and shared the meal with us, again adding to that 'at home' feeling. The coffee, something that can be unpredictable at bed and breakfasts, was great as well.

I had chosen to bring food along for my other meals, and really appreciated having access to the kitchen. This, too, is such a nice touch, and is especially useful for folks who might have dietary preferences or needs that small town restaurants aren't always able to accommodate.

Another couple who were guests while I was there, were repeat guests, and shared about their last visit when they went on a kayak outing, I believe with Michael. It sounded as though they had a wonderful time, and the 'adventure' part of the business sounds like something worth exploring as well.

A great, warm and welcoming home; I plan to return, and hope to bring my husband sometime as well.

Sheri R.

Room Tip: Each room is beautiful with its own unique qualities.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Absolutely incredible experience. When we arrived we were greeted by a barefoot man (Richie) drinking a beer. I knew instantly that I was at the right place. His demeanor is warm and welcoming. If you want to chat, he's all about it and has great stories. If you want to just hang and relax he's great about not coming into your space too much. The decor is tastefully done and decidedly NOT Victorian. More of a worldly restoration hardware feel. They did an amazing job decorating. I also must say that it's the best breakfast I've ever had (and I'm a foodie who has had many great breakfasts). Richie's cooking is over the top awesome. I knew it would be good but I didn't know it would be that good. There are MANY things to explore within a 30 minute drive that make this a great destination. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to everyone I've ever met, as I know they would have just as good of time as we did. We'll be going back next summer for some kayaking.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are tastefully done. We checked out the River Room suite before we left and WOW - w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Onalaska, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

the rooms at the bed and breakfast each had their own theme, we felt so at home. the breakfast with excellent, there was so much good food we had to skip lunch. richie was friendly and welcoming, we got excellent service, it was really the attention to detail that made it such a great experience.

• Stayed September 2012
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Turning Waters was by far the nicest B&B we have stayed at, and we have stayed at many throughout the US and Ireland. Our host, Richie, went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable, and to make our 14 year old.feel included. The food was incredible, and we even got a bag of our favorite breakfast leftover sweets for the trip home. The house was beautifully and tastefully decorated and impeccably clean. We are looking forward to returning and experiencing a different room and the adventure side of the business. You will not be disappointed if you make Turning Waters and Wabasha your next getaway destination.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wyoming, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Turning Waters B&B is exactly what a B&B is meant to be. From the minute we walked in welcomed and felt right at home thanks to our hose Richie. The decor is perfect and tastefully done! Turning Waters cured my husband of B&B phobia! We recommend coming most heartily!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure? Share your experiences!