“Gained a Repeat Customer” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wabasha
150 Commerce Dr, Wabasha, MN 55981   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wabasha
Rochester, Minnesota
“Gained a Repeat Customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My wife and I reserved a standard room. Everything was "standard", as we had expected, except for the level of cleanliness - Housekeepers were dusting lights and doors in the hallway during our stay and the room was quite clean as well.. All hotel staff members we dealt with from checkin, to asking for additional conditioner, to checkout were all very friendly and concerned about our hotel experience. We will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed here on our way home from South Dakota to Michigan. A family friend lives here and we stopped for a overnight and my son and I went out fishing with the friend.

Not much to choose from in Wabasha, MN. The place was definitely a cut above the limited choices in the area. They charge accordingly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

My girlfriends and I stay at the AmericInn in late February 2010 for the Grumpy Old Men festival in town. We were so impressed with the hotel and its amenities. Large, clean room with plenty of mirrors and space for 4 late-20's/early-30's girls to get ready. Comfortable beds, nice towels. We were able to rent a DVD player from the front desk for $8 to watch the movie which inspired the festival. Hot tub and pool area were really clean and inviting. The front desk staffed helped coordinate a ride for us to and from town so we could party safely. Tasty continental breakfast was a welcome surprise, too. Hot waffles, sausage, eggs, pastries, cereal, etc. We had a wonderful stay and I would highly recommend this hotel to any visitor to Wabasha!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

This hotel advertises that they have sound retardant walls. Some sort of special filling in the cement blocks. I DO NOT agree. My husband and I stayed in the Carasel themed room #216 and we could hear our neighbors as if we were in the room with them. I complained to the front desk and they called the neighbors asking them to quiet down. I felt bad for the request later realizing it was the walls, not the other guests. I could hear their conversation word for word, their tv and to top it off, later that night I could hear their romantic activities! To make matters worse my five year old son heard too and wanted an explanation. I told the staff in the a.m. and the woman replied "well we asked them to quiet down" as if to say "not really anything I can do" Ummm how about my money back or a discount! My son and I got no sleep what so ever. Oh and when we checked in they spelt my name so terrible wrong that it took them almost twenty minutes to check me in. The woman said "you must have done this reservation online" I replied "no, if it had been done online I would have spelt my name correctly" They are very quick to direct blame on the customer and not accomodate what so ever.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

After a horrific experience at the Hotel de Ville across the river in Alma Wisconsin the first night of our weekend, it was salvaged by spending the second night here. Rooms were clean and professionally presented (if not inspired) and the staff was very nice and gave us a great tip to check out Lark Toys, one town down to the south. While I wish the lovely Anderson House was currently available, this was a solid spot to use as base for our weekend of exploring the Mississippi river Valley area.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were greated right as we walked in the hotel and got free (YUMMY) cookies. The staff was very friendly and always on their toes. They even gave us a coupon book and list of events going on in town while we were there. We stayed in the Grumpy Old Men Suite and it was more than we expected. Loved the decorations, bathroom, fireplace, hot tub, everything! Only complaint: booklet in room said walls were made of this special sound blocking brick but we heard a lot of hall noise. They have a nice breakfast in the morning also.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed here for one night on prior to attending a wedding. All standard rooms were unavailable when I booked so I booked the Decoy Suite. This room was very nice - had a king sleigh bed that was very comfortable. In one corner of the room was a fireplace with a TV above it and the other corner had a 2 person jacuzzi tub. The bathroom had a sink, toilet and tub.shower combination. There was another sink outside the bathroom and across from that a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot.
The room was clean and the front desk very helpful - we were able to check in around 12:30 instead of the 3 pm stated check in time.
The complimentary breakfast consisted of sausage patties, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereal, toast, bagels, juice, fruit, yogurt, milk and coffee.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wabasha? Share your experiences!