The Castello di Velona sits on a promontory and thus the views of the Val d'Orcia are breathtaking. The fortification has been transformed into an exquisite hotel with service beyond the ordinary. Every staff member we met from the maids to the waiters to the front desk clerks went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant.
By all means, spend the money and reserve a junior suite in the spa extension which makes one feel like the entire Val d'Orcia is outside your door. It is magical. The suite was luxury itself with a bathroom as large as the bedroom.
The pools both indoor and out , especially the thermal pool, are an experience . The restaurant is excellent and the service impeccable.
Our stay was delightful, only marred one night in the dining room by a group of seven obnoxiously loud American women .
I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to be in the Montalcino area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Thermal SPA Resort located in the heart of Val d'Orcia World Heritage Site. Winery of Brunello di Montalcino produced by the Owners in the Property with owned Vineyards around the Castle. In the Property is located the hottest Thermal spring in all Tuscany (85°C) whose mineral waters are led both in the 5 pools (indoor and outdoor) and in the SPA Rooms. 1500 Sqm SPA with water and steam Paradise of both Sauna, Steam Bath, Thermal pool and 6 emotional showers, with 10 single and couple treatments rooms (all cabinets have a view to Val d'Orcia, 4 of which are connected to the SPA Rooms). The hotel rooms are divided into Castle Rooms (all in the heart of the 1000 years old Castle) and SPA Rooms built on the West Walls of the Castle (with travertine marble all over the bathroom and room and Thermal water directly in your bathtub). Some of the SPA rooms have a private cabinet for treatments and massage with a separate entrance for the therapist who does not interfere with the privacy of the room itself. All rooms face the wonderful val d'Orcia 360°. All SPA rooms face the sunset and have a private garden. Gourmet Restaurant with a Terrace for summer dinner facing the Sunset side of the val d'Orcia for romantic dinner. Traditional Restaurant with Original Fireplace and Lobby Lounge in the Chiostro where all day dining is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Splendia, Escapio and Priceline so you can book your Castello di Velona Resort, Thermal Spa & Winery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Velona Montalcino
- Castello Di Velona Hotel Montalcino