“Nice hotel - great location with lots to do” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson St. Paul Northeast, MN

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson St. Paul Northeast, MN to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson St. Paul Northeast, MN
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3505 Vadnais Center Drive, Vadnais Heights, MN 55110   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vadnais Heights
Durand, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel - great location with lots to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Great place to stay with kids. Close to lots of restaurants, shopping, and attractions. Staff was very nice and this is a beautiful hotel. Kids especially loved the pool and giant waterslide. Nice big whirlpool too. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

What a treat! The pool and waterslide exceed anything I've experienced in this price range. Everyone on the staff was pleasant and went out of their way to accomodate us. The weather was too cool for the planned family picnic, so the staff let us use their breakfast room. It was great! When we wanted to go out for dinner they not only gave us directions, but printed them out for us. The front desk quietly let me pay our bill before there was the usual family check grabbing. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable. It was a great value. Because the pool was such a draw our first floor room was noisy as people were opening and closing the doors to their rooms and in the hallway until around 10pm, but the rest of the night was quiet and peaceful. If we have another opportunity to stay in the area we'd choose this hotel immediately.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

All of the hotel's staff was very friendly. The front desk lady was especially polite and helpful in explaining the hotel's facilities and services, and was quick in responding to all of my questions and requests.

The room was extremely clean, had 2 comfortable queen beds, and was big enough for our family of four. The bathroom was one of the cleanest I've seen in any hotel, and the water pressure was excellent. WIFI and wireline internet access worked well.

The breakfast room was well stocked with a variety of food and supplies - the waffle maker was a big hit with us. The water slide in the swimming pool was a nice perk, and it was crowded on the weekend. The pool water was a little too cold though. For those who want to stay fit during their visit, they can either use the aerobics equipment at the on-site fitness room or work out for free at Gold's Gym (about 1/2 mile from hotel) - another nice perk.

The hotel is about a block off the expressway and close to restaurants, a grocery store, and retail stores such as Target and Wal-Mart.

With a superb, friendly staff, nice amenities and perks, and a great location, this hotel is an excellent value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

It was a nice hotel. The staff was friendly although I didn't much interaction with them.

The room was nice, beds and bedding very comfy! I do agree with the review about the wadded up sheets, we had 2 rooms and all 4 beds had the same problem.
The fridge was a good size and worked well. The microwave was very weak, took twice as long to cook things.

We were in room near the elevator and one of the lights from the front made our room very bright even with shades closed. It wasn't enough to keep me awake but it did light up the room.

The pool was nice and slide was fun. The hot tub was over chlorinated to the point it made me ill but better that than letting things grow! :) The "lifeguard" for the slide was a joke. In the over 2 hours we were there I saw him for maybe 5 mins before he left and took a cell call.

Breakfast was great and the lady filling things was very nice. I wish they would post that on weekends there are no sausage and eggs after 10am. I waited for them to be filled in vain. Not a big deal but annoying.

Internet was overloaded a few times and very slow on weekend but Friday it was great!

Overall for the price they offer more than I expected. I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

What a lovely stay my family experienced at this hotel! The front desk staff I experienced was one of a kind. They were quick to help us find local attractions and restaurants. The young woman working during our nights there (manager of some type) went the extra mile to accomodate us! The waterslide was enjoyed by my daughters, however it would be nice to have it open more often (maybe Thursday too?). I do understand staffing the slide is the issue though and understand why it's only open on weekends! I shall return when the family is ready for a getaway next summer!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Front desk staff was horrible! We were at the hotel for a wedding. When I made a reservation over the phone I requested two rooms close to each other, which I was told was no problem. When I checked in, the front desk staff said that the person who told me this over the phone was new and that this could not be done. They then went further to ask, "what would you like us to do?"- very sarcastically. When I told them I would like two rooms close to each other, I was told, "We can't physically move the room closer to the room you want." - that is a direct quote. Not once was their an apology for anything. However they had no problem rolling their eyes at each request I had.

You know the hotel is bad when people go up to the bride at the wedding reception to complain about the staff at the hotel.

The swimming pool has a slide, which is cool, but the staff is a disaster.

Stayed July 2010
CountryInnStPaulNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson St. Paul Northeast, MN, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Dear Kevin -

I am very sorry to read that you experienced anything less than the best in guest service. Clearly an event occurred that is unlike the service our guests typically receive and I apologize for this experience. I will be certain to review this matter with all staff, and review training procedures to insure it never happens again.

I am pleased to see that during your visit the next day that one of our service staff went above and beyond to help alleviate your situation by finding another room for you to move to. I am also happy that you enjoyed the waterslide and pool area during your visit.

Should your travels return you to the St Paul area again in the future, please contact me directly so I may assist you personally with reservations.

Respectfully,

Chris Clay
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

Spent 3 nights at the Country Inn for a family reunion nearby, and it was really lovely. The front desk staff were so helpful and attentive. My room was spotless, spacious, with great amenities like a small fridge and microwave. Great A/C, especially nice for those hot Minnesota days. No strange smells, and the windows did open. The breakfast was nice, with lots of options, although not a lot of sugar-free items. I remedied this by going to a nearby grocery and getting some plain yogurt and berries. It was also the perfect location, in the suburbs, to jump onto several different freeways. Not the hotel for you if you like lots of nightlife, activities, etc. nearby. Big plus: they have a small fitness center, but you can also use the very large Gold's Gym about 6 blocks away, by bringing your ID and room key - great facility with lots of equipment and classes. Also, be warned that there can be large groups of kids there staying to compete in local sports events, so it's not always really quiet. Having said that, it was not bothersome to me, but something to consider if you like it really quiet. Only negative: The hotel provides a brochure recommending some local restaurants, and I tried Duc's Vietnamese and Chinese restaurant at 705 Century Avenue in Maplewood. VERY disappointing! First of all, it is quite a drive to get there. Once there, the food was mediocre at best. Very small selection of Vietnamese food, and what I had was nearly below average (and I eat a lot of Vietnamese food!). Service was slow and inattentive. I'd select a different place, especially if you are seeking good Vietnamese food. ( This feedback was given to the hotel staff).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Thank you kindly for sharing your review - not only of our hotel, but the area as well. I am so pleased to see you had the guest experience the team and I pride ourselves on. I only recently joined the hotel, and am delighted to have so many service oriented staff members to help provide the best in service to our guests.

I will be sure to take a look at the restaurant guide myself, as I have visited many great local dining spots, from Chinese to Japanese to Mexican and even Russian. St Paul and the Twin Cities offer so many delightful choices. We'll be sure to update this guide - thanks largely in part to feedback from our guests!

We're working now to bring some new variety with our breakfast food items in the coming weeks and months. I hope should you visit the St Paul area in the future, you will visit with us again - and enjoy another wonderful experience.

On behalf of the entire team at the hotel, thank you for your business!

Chris Clay

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson St. Paul Northeast, MN? Share your experiences!