“The best breakfast I can remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vanilla Bean Bakery & Cafe, Inc.

Vanilla Bean Bakery & Cafe, Inc.
812 7th Avenue - Hwy 61, Two Harbors, MN 55616
Cuisines: Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Mitchell, South Dakota
“The best breakfast I can remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This small restaurant has the greatest menu and the food is excellent. The blueberry pancakes with vanilla butter were delicious. The egg bakes were superb. Various ingredients and Abe to appeal to all taste buds. The small size " jan" size, is the size of a small plate and was just delicious. We will stop here again on our next trip

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Minneapolis, MN
“Excellent breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a fantastic breakfast all the food was amazing and fresh. Te american fries were the best we have ever eaten !Very busy so service is a bit slow but well worth the wait

Visited August 2013
Duluth
“Rip off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stopped at Vanilla Bean this morning for breakfast, due to being busy our wait was quite long. I ordered the Scandinavian Breakfast, which was Caramel Pecan Bread Pudding, dipped in batter and grilled and then drizzled with burnt sugar caramel sauce, and two slices of bacon for $8.99. I was shocked when it came, three small pieces of bread, it said three, but I thought they would be large. The taste was delicious but I went in hungry and came out hungry. Will I be going back, liking not!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best waitress - Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Best wild rice soup ever. Waitress was so helpful and kind. Awesome pies. Our cups were never empty. Best wild rice soup ever.

Visited July 2013
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“I really wanted to like this place...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm hoping we just came in at a bad time. In my opinion, no legitimate business could stay afloat for long with such bad service. We came in at lunch, expecting to order a cup of coffee, and before we could even get all the way through the door, the girl at the counter told us the kitchen was backed up and we would be waiting 20-30 minutes to have our order taken. What? Really?! All we wanted was a cup of coffee! After sitting at a table for about 10 minutes, I just got up and went to the counter to order coffee to go. I ordered a latte, the young lady behind the counter acted as if she had never used the machine before, forgetting both the type of milk I asked for and the flavor shot. The latte, along with my mom's regular drip coffee were both cold, and the drip coffee was old and burnt. Probably won't go back. There are plenty of coffee shops on the North Shore with much better service.

• Visited July 2013