“Perfect Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Two Harbors
Owatonna, MN
“Perfect Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our family of 6 (4 kids ages 17-23) stayed at Larsmont Cottages for 3 nights while attending a high school hockey tournament in Duluth and we also wanted to take advantage of skiing at Lutsen and snowmobiling in the area. We loved the 3 bedroom townhouse that even had a garage. Very clean with nice furnishings. Our teenagers enjoyed the hot tub. I had a fabulous hour massage in the 'massage cottage' -- excellent massage and facility. We had a wonderful meal at the Lodge Rock Grille as well. Excellent food and service at the restaurant. We will return again to stay at Larsmont Cottages!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 3 bedroom townhouse in the woods......it was perfect for a winter stay. It had a gar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
thunder bay ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We returned to Larsmont again after a 2year absence trying other places on the northshore. What a treat. Clean private quiet and just what we needed. Will be back every other month just like we used to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We just hosted our wedding and reception at Larsmont Cottages in mid October. Larsmont was superb in their service to our guests and throughout the event. Dan Little, the resort manager was excellent in listening to all of my questions and requests and incredibly accommodating. He truly made us and all of our guests feel at home, and my mom was very impressed by how professional yet laid back and calm Dan was.

The on-site staff during the weekend was knowledgeable and helpful as well. I, as the bride, really did not have to do anything, it was all taken care of as Dan had promised. This was a wonderful place for our small intimate wedding of about 40 people.

I would say that it was a challenge working with Bev Weckman during the weeks leading up to the wedding, it was difficult to get a confirmation of the details and I often had to repeat information multiple times. Once I met with Dan in person however, everything was handled great from there.

The best part of the weekend was having all of our guests together at the resort for multiple days, and we booked a large cottage in the woods for a central location for people to meet and mingle throughout, a hospitality location for our guests, which we also used for ourselves. It worked really great.
Thank you to Dan and the Larsmont Staff for making our day so wonderful and memorable!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Andover, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed at Grand Superior Lodge. A resort that is owned by the company that owns this resort. The set up here is simular, but much smaller and less busy. We stayed in an upstairs queen guest room. These are very small rooms. They would be simular to staying at a friends home in a guess bedroom. I did not realize how small they were. If I had, I would have booked a larger room. It was fine and had what we needed. The resort is beautiful and fairly quiet. I have to say, I did see a big difference between the employees here and at Grand Superior. At Grand Superior, they were much more engaging. Larsmont employees seem to be just going through the paces. They didn't engage in any conversation at all. Just seemed like a job. Grand Superior's employees were always asking questions and looking for feedback. I think we will stay there in the future. Larsmont is an okay resort. I just didn't feel anything special there.

Room Tip: The king bed rooms on the up levels are much bigger. The lower level has much larger multi bedroom u...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just got back from my 4th stay at Larsmont Cottages. This time we had a lot of family with (13 total). We rented a whole unit (3 bedrooms). There is a lot of space. Each bedroom has it's own full bath, plus there's a half bath on the main floor as well. The full kitchen allows for all meals to be prepared in your unit if you wish. There is a large grocery store a few miles north in Two Harbors. We enjoyed sitting by the fire pit each evening. In the area, Gooseberry Falls and Splitrock Lighthouse are nice daily outings. Or just relax here and enjoy the lakeview. Lake superior is literally right out your back door. There are a few units that are not on the lake, so make sure when you book. Also, some are closer to the lake than others. I find that if I ask when I book, they are very helpful. Speaking of staff, I have had nothing but very positive interactions with all of them.

It is a bit costly, but if you are looking for a very luxurious lake superior getaway, you will be very happy with this resort.

Room Tip: Some are closer to the water than others, ask when you book, They are very helpful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Staples, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

booked a water view with balcony room online. repeatedly asked if it was water view and told YES...it was NOT. when we went to the front desk to ask about this they were NO help. Offered a discount on a room 3X the price at a discount and that was it. told them how taken we felt, they just stared at us. we told them we would not accept the room and checked out 5 minutes after arriving. no apology, only that "we are having problems with the online people and you should complain to them"....really???? property is gorgeous and we were so looking forward to staying there. if i was one of the unit owners i would be horrified by the service. we left the property on a friday night with no idea where we would find accomodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Enumclaw, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I knew when I booked the room at Larsmont that we would not be on the water......but, I did not know how **tiny** the room would be! There was barely enough room to naviagate around the bed. Instead of a walk-in closet, more room space would have been much nicer. Also, the room was not that clean.....used tissues and other bits of trash were behind the nightstand. I am sure the bigger condo tupe units on the lake side are much nicer......but, I was pretty diappointed with our hotel room.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the back.....totally not worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior? Share your experiences!