“Too noisy, air con could be better but yum food....” 4 of 5 stars

+6189316 2111
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 18 Restaurants in Applecross
Perth, Australia
“Too noisy, air con could be better but yum food....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food was very nice with a varied menu....loved the fusion between east and west and good value for money. The staff very very pleasant and attentive (though a bit slow to start). I would go back again but during the week when it is hopefully quieter (we were there at 7pm on a Friday night)....it is so noisy I could not hear my firends on the other side of the table. It was a very warm night and the air conditioner struggled which meant it is a little challenging to enjoy the fabulous spicy food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

PARKERVILLE
“Very pleasant eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The cafe is located on Canning Highway and although a busy road this had no impact on the restaurant. Plenty of parking in the side street and at rear. Friendly, pleasant staff. Substantial meals that do not require you to order extra sides. Very tasty dishes and the entre share plate for 2 excellent.
Only negative was we found the deserts a little uninspiring.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Great Food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went here with some friends on the last weekend in August. The food was great, I had the pork spare ribs in smokey barbeque sauce w/ garlic chive mash, bok choy, and when they say the meat falls off the bones, it does.. Everyone loved their meal. Very very busy restaurant. The only two things that I would have to mention is the noise level,(very loud) but it is a small place so be prepared and they close early for a sat night. Yes I would go again as the food was brilliant and the friendly staff but maybe as an early dinner.

• Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Great vibe, and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been here a few times with friends before, and every visit including this one proves a great delight. The vibe is great...a tad noisy but that is what happens when you are busy! The cured salmon with pomegranate syrup was fabulous. 3 of the group had one of the 3 curries on offer...everone was impressed with the delicate fusion of Malaysian and Australian flavours. I has the pork spare ribs...absoultely wonderful smokey flavours. Service is efficient, and an added bonus is while it is licensed, the corkage for BYO is reasonable.All in all and excellent experience, and our overseas vistor said it was top class. We will definately be returning.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Australian and Asian fusion - works well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Whether i'm right or not I interpret "the Bridge" as representing the fusion between so-called 'modern australian' and 'asian' cuisine. It's a good 1-2 kilometres from Canning "Bridge"! Anyway, my wife and I enjoyed our dining experience here a few nights ago. A work colleague had recommended it but I'd always left it too late to book as it is so full - especially over weekends. I like the ambiance - it's quite cosy and homely - although my wife did find it a bit claustrophobic and slightly too warm.

As someone else has mentioned the mainly Asian service was friendly enough without being overly professional. But we weren't left waiting too long despite the place being full.

The menu is not big but I found that I could have ordered many things from it. I wouldn't call it fine cuisine but thyat's not the market they're catering for. In the end I had the duck spring rolls to start - large and quite tasty. My wife had the pepper tiger prawns which were a little lost inside a large plate of pasta but she did enjoy their taste. From local reviews I knew I had to try the lamb shanks 'en croute' which come in a kind of sweet chilli sauce (interesting!). I loved them. At $36 for each main course this is probably about average for this kind of restaurant. All up bill - $115 for both of us - including two glasses of wine. So, not bad at all. I'll definitely go back - my wife might wait for summer and open doors and windows!

• Visited August 2012