“Australian and Asian fusion - works well” 4 of 5 stars

+6189316 2111
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 18 Restaurants in Applecross
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Australian and Asian fusion - works well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Whether i'm right or not I interpret "the Bridge" as representing the fusion between so-called 'modern australian' and 'asian' cuisine. It's a good 1-2 kilometres from Canning "Bridge"! Anyway, my wife and I enjoyed our dining experience here a few nights ago. A work colleague had recommended it but I'd always left it too late to book as it is so full - especially over weekends. I like the ambiance - it's quite cosy and homely - although my wife did find it a bit claustrophobic and slightly too warm.

As someone else has mentioned the mainly Asian service was friendly enough without being overly professional. But we weren't left waiting too long despite the place being full.

The menu is not big but I found that I could have ordered many things from it. I wouldn't call it fine cuisine but thyat's not the market they're catering for. In the end I had the duck spring rolls to start - large and quite tasty. My wife had the pepper tiger prawns which were a little lost inside a large plate of pasta but she did enjoy their taste. From local reviews I knew I had to try the lamb shanks 'en croute' which come in a kind of sweet chilli sauce (interesting!). I loved them. At $36 for each main course this is probably about average for this kind of restaurant. All up bill - $115 for both of us - including two glasses of wine. So, not bad at all. I'll definitely go back - my wife might wait for summer and open doors and windows!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

perth,wa
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Hadnt bee for a while because previously I had the fillet steak and it wasnt up to scratch !! This time however it was back to be wonderful-massive size so only had main course no entree or dessert couldnt fit anymore in.They are food infusion and let me tell you that is what it was like - so tatsy and yummy!! BUsy as and when I pass always seems full-highy recommend.

Visited July 2012
west australia
“good size serves for upmarket atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have tried most of the menu now and have enjoyed every meal. Service is good although it is more casual friendly than professional. It's just at odds with the atmosphere-casual service yet upmarket prices and atmosphere. NOT a bad thing In saying that- I keep going back and so does everybody else as its always busy. Value for money- shared entrée, mains and coffee approx $50.00.

Visited February 2012
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Asian with a delicious twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

If you drive past this place on any evening it will be chock-a-block with happy diners. The reason is that it's great food, especially the fish, but it has a delicious Asian twist thanks to its owners. I felt like a curry but the fish was tempting, and I found the answer. Fish in a red curry sauce, and it was sensational.
It's small inside so nice and intimate without feeling cramped.
If you have room try the desserts.
It's an absolute gem and well-priced . Everyone I know who's been there raves about it.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth Western Australia
“Busy, bustling and beautiful .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I together with another couple visited on a very busy Saturday evening!
We thoroughly enjoyed everything about the night! The food, service and atmosphere were all terrific.
The menu had just enough on it to be interesting, and it is also BYO.
Despite being full - not once were we, or any of our orders forgotten.
Would definitely go back. Booking recommended!

• Visited February 2012