“Average, adaquate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wilder Inn

Wilder Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tracy
Wilder Inn
You added Wilder Inn to your Saves list
100 Craig Ave, Tracy, MN 56175   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tracy
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
“Average, adaquate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed while visiting the Sod House and Ingalls Museum. I’d repeat the review below: it was ok. Considering the choices, where I’d been that day, and where I was headed, I’d go again. Small rooms, a rather dead town, and the hotel grounds weren’t particularly attractive.

HOWEVER....service, A+. Folks pleasant. Rooms clean. Beds comfortable. Ice machine not working, but that’s hardly a game-changer. I wasn’t overly impressed by the inflatable beds, but I wasn’t depressed by them, either. When you consider the price (there isn’t any competition, they could gouge you, or at least try during heavy season), I can’t find anything to rave about, but I can’t find anything to complain about. I like cheap, clean, and calm. Mission accomplished.

Caboose must be one popular place. It was so full we couldn’t get a table, so we got food from the grocery store and ate in the room. Nice playground next to the Caboose.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Asheville, North Carolina, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

And OK is OK -- I'd stay there again if I were through the area. It was nothing fancy but it was clean. No coffee in the room, which is a drag, but it is available in the office. The bed was comfy enough, and it was a quiet stay. Across the street is a good-enough pub, the Caboose.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here 1 night following the walnut grove pageant. There aren't many places to stay in the area so I was a little hesitant about the quality of the motel. I was very pleased. It is an older motel but has been remodeled and is obviously cared for. Good night's sleep. Would stay there again if I had to.

• Stayed July 2012
Ayrshire, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Now understand that this is a old motel. It has been kept up well but it is very small. We thought that it smelled slightly of smoke and booze which we find unpleasant. We talked with some men who said that the place is a frequent stop-over for the railroad so that may explain it. One reviewer wrote that there were sleep number beds- our room did not have one.
It is a good place to stay for the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is an older motel...they 1950's style where you park right in front of your door. The room was simple but clean, neat and freshly renovated. There were dark window coverings that allowed a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and allowed an early check in. We had questions about attractions near by. Staff were happy to call to make inquires for us. There was a frig and microwave in the room. Coffee was available in the office but not in the rooms. Overall it was a positive experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Wilder Inn every year for many years and will continue to as the rooms are clean and the owners are friendly. They will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Keokuk, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here on our stop to Little House on Plum Creek, Laura Ingalls Wilder. Nice older motel with many nice updates. Owner very friendly and affordable to stay at as well. Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wilder Inn? Share your experiences!