“Average food Small seating area” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 87 Restaurants in Stillwater
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Average food Small seating area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food was ok, tables are all to close to each other. Very limited seating. Prices are reasonable. Good margaritas.

Visited October 2012

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Nice Mexican food, but too much cilantro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I like the ambiente, their portions are gigantic, and their food would be good if not everything was inundated with cilantro. Nice service, too, and of course, great location.

Visited September 2012
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Best quesadilla I ever had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

For a small restaurant, this place has huge charm. They have a little patio outside where I've eaten several times. We are always waited on promptly and the margaritas are great! I highly recommend the sexy quesadilla! Wow! It was so good that we make a special trip to Stillwater just to get it! The portions are large And I'm quite thrilled with the food every time we go!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife, son and I ate here on a Friday evening. I had the Tacos, my wife the Street Tacos and my son the Chimichanga. The food was very good and portions were large. My wife enjoyed her margarita and I my beer (Pacifico is on tap). The service was excellent. The ambience is nice with a Mexican motif. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the prices were a little high and space was a little tight. Still, we will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Food= :-) Service= :-(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been coming to Nacho Mama's and recruiting our friends since we moved to Stillwater three years ago. The food is OUT OF THIS WORLD in regards to value- any entree would last me a week! And the drinks are tasty, affordable, and definitely not weak! I've tried nearly everything on the menu, from the Cabo Wabo Salad and Cabo Wabo Sandwich, their Steak Skewers, Fish Tacos, Enchilada Bake, etc. Yum!
The ONLY thing that makes my skin crawl about this restaurant is the state that a few staff members are in when we frequent this establishment. More than a few times, our server was under the influence of either alcohol or drugs, or just high on life...I'm not sure. As I mentioned, this happened on several ocassions during which we were embarassed in front of our friends because of the outrageous and socially inappropriate our server was being (same one each time) while attending to us; i.e. slurring her words, leaning on top of the table, talking exceptionally loud in our faces, making inappropriate jokes, screwing up our orders, etc.
Obviously the akward service isn't enough to deter us from Nacho Mama's, because we keep coming back. But just remember to prepare your stomachs for the great food and drinks and prepare your patience level for the drunk waitress!

• Visited September 2012