“Fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Minneapolis
“Fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had lunch here--it's a pretty typical Minnesotan Mexican place, meaning it's pretty Americanized. However, I happen to like this kind of food and loved the crispy enchiladas. The portions are huge; two could easily split an entree. I should add that they had some other, more creative items on the menu, but we were just there for lunch and wanted to keep an eye on the budget. I was not impressed with the chips; they seemed stale and were pretty broken up. The salsa seemed to be house-made and was very good. The service was friendly and fast. I'd certainly go back if I were craving Mexican!

Visited September 2012

Santa Clara, California
“Great little patio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Located right downtown in Stillwater, Nacho Mama's is the perfect spot to meet friends and share a pitcher of margaritas and a huge platter of tasty nachos!

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Slow to seat, but worth the wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very fun place. A long wait with a tiny little waiting area. Very good Mexican food. Good salsa! I like it spicy and it was good. Not over the top though. Not a huge selection of drinks to choose from. Go for the food. And the fun! Great for a group of lively friends!

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Margaritas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

For our first experience at this restaurant we sat outdoors. We just stopped for a rest during afternoon shopping so just had margaritas, chips and salsa. Homemade salsa (it appeared to be) was very good, margarita was fabulous, and we enjoyed the nice weather off the main street without lots of noisy traffic. I'd love to order a meal some time as all the trays that went past our table looked and smelled wonderful. I'd definitely go back here.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Hair and a fly in our food - stay away at all costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Four of us went to what appears to be a cute little Mexican restaurant. We sat on the back patio with the most obnoxious music blaring. One of us had a dead fly in her salad, then two of us had hair in our meals. We sent the food back, plus my drink that I had two sips from, because I was disgusted with hair and fly. The cook came out and gave us a hard time which is totally not professional. We received our bill and they charged us for 1/2 of my margarita. I asked to see the manager, and when she came out, she told me I was paying for 1/2 the drink. I refused and told me she was going to call the police on me. We ending up paying for the drink, but their lack of professionalism and customer service, plus unsanitary food handling, convinced me to write this review and recommend that you avoid this restaurant and run for the hills!!

• Visited August 2012