“Very Pleasant!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of William Sauntry Mansion

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stillwater
William Sauntry Mansion
You added William Sauntry Mansion to your Saves list
626 North Fourth Street, Stillwater, MN 55082   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Stillwater B&B and Inns
“Very Pleasant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a fabulous time at the mansion. On arrival we were greeted, shown to the sitting room where a buffet of wine, cheese/crackers/fruit, local beer and lemonade were ready for us to enjoy. The room was lovely and very clean. The owners are so nice and friendly, I believe we chatted about a good 1/2 hr while enjoying our breakfast with the other guests. We will be back in a few months...

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was our first time staying at a B&B and what a wonderful experience! The house and grounds were beautiful. Tom and Sandy made us feel very welcome. The attention to detail throughout was amazing. We stayed in the Butler room and enjoyed the privacy. The bed was comfortable, the whirlpool a nice way to relax at the end of the day, and our own patio was a great amenity. When we first checked in, we were treated to snacks, wine and local beer. Sitting on the veranda overlooking the beautiful gardens made us feel like we were truly someplace special. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This B&B is great. Good food and very nice people. The bed was huge and very comfortable. We also loved spending time walking around Stillwater. We did a tour of the old court house and a ride on the trolly. the shopping was fun and the food was good. Go to the Green Room for dinner and Cafe 112 for any meal, you will not be disappointed. We plan to go again next year and, maybe take a hot air balloon ride and a boat ride on a dinner cruse.

Room Tip: Get the butler room, it is like a private house and yet you still get breakfast
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was the most beautiful B&B we have ever visited. The food was excellent. The grounds and gardening was absolutely stunning. Our hosts were very friendly. I think the evening drink and apps while spending time on the front porch was my favorite part of our stay. We will stay here again when we visit Stillwater.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I just returned home from a wonderful stay at the William Sauntry Mansion in Stillwater. I had visited the adorable town of Stillwater last March and was interested in a return trip. After reviewing lodging options, I choose the William Sauntry Mansion. As I drove up to the mansion, I was amazed by this beautiful home - the website was true to form. I was warmly welcomed by the owners as I walked through the gorgeous front door. In addition to the lovely greeting, I was given a tour of the home and my room. I was then offered an array of delicious snacks and my choice of wine, local beer or lemonade (which are set out every afternoon). After getting settled, I was soon relaxing on the wrap-around porch and enjoying the view of the beautiful gardens. The breakfasts were gourmet and served with such class. I truly felt comfortable my entire 3 night stay. The owners were extremely helpful while allowing guests "their space" to relax. I'm already planning another trip and will be giving a night or two as Christmas gifts. An absolutely pleasurable vacation!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Joseph" room, but did get a peek at a few of the other rooms. The guests...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Minnesota and spent two nights at the William Sauntry Mansion Bed & Breakfast in Stillwater, MN. The house was absolutely incredible and has been very well maintained from top to bottom. We enjoyed delicious breakfasts each morning served on the wrap-around porch of the mansion. One morning a tourist bus stopped in front while we were eating so the passengers could get out and take pictures of the house! The food was wonderful, Stacey and Tom are great and well-informed hosts, and our room, the Madam La Fuegy, was amazing. I could have spent a lot more time in the amazing shower/steam room in our bathroom. We would definitely stay again on any return trip.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the Madam LaFuegy room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I spent our wedding night and the following night in the Madam La Fuegy room. It was so relaxing and wonderful. Upon check in we were warmly welcomed by Tom. He was very kind and accommodating. I was surprised with roses and hot chocolate chip cookies when we got to the room. The accommodations were out of out of this world the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The Jacuzzi Tub and Steam Shower was just what we needed to make wonderful memories of our wedding night. The morning breakfasts were delicious and more than we even dreamed of. When we left we sat and talked to Tom and Sandy and it was they were old friends. We are hoping to visit there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to William Sauntry Mansion? Share your experiences!