“Very Nice yet pricey Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Luna Rossa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 87 Restaurants in Stillwater
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nelson Parkway
Description: In Italy, when you plan a meal for someone you care about, you do many things to prepare. You start with the freshest ingredients of their favorite foods, and then you combine those ingredients with so much affection that you can taste it in every bite. Only the best will do, and here at Luna Rossa Trattoria & Wine Bar, we want you to feel like our family and best friends, and we have been anxiously awaiting your arrival! We hope you feel right at home with us, and like you’ve experienced a little bit of Italy with your best friends and family right here in Stillwater.
Minnesota
“Very Nice yet pricey Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Food was very good - authentic Italian. Very fresh tasting. Restaurant is located within a cave that was used for a distillery years ago - we took the cave tour and it was pretty neat.
Prices were on the high side but that seems to be the case for the Stillwater area. Excellent service which was a huge plus!

Visited June 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The food took a while, but worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We ate at the outdoor cafe for a shopping break, wih two toddlers, and had a great time. We all took advantage of the "build your own pasta" menu, and all had great food, along with a bottle on Conundrum white wine (yum!). I had seafood (shrimp and bay scallops) with an alfredo sauce on fettucine noodles, with sun-dried tomatoes and other goodness in the sauce--it was very good and just the right serving size. Others were equally satisfied with their selections. It did take a while for the food to come, which was surprising because there were not that may patrons in the restaurant, but other than that, it was a lovely experience.

Visited June 2014
Minnesota
“Quaint and charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great for date night, meeting with friends or family dining. Good menu selection and beverages too. Service was average, but attentive wait staff. Don't rush, just relax and enjoy.

Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Luna Rossa--Eat there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I frequent the Stillwater area a couple of weekends each year and we always make a point of having dinner at Luna Rossa. As an Italian myself, I was skeptical going in as to what the food would be like as my family makes our own sauce and whatnot but my skepticism was unfounded.

Everything I've had at the restaurant has been just excellent. In particular their gnocci with bolognese sauce is a MUST HAVE. My husband has ordered the rack of lamb a couple of times and gives it his stamp of approval...which is saying a lot! I've also had their pizza and risotto, both were great!

I've seen a couple of reviews complaining about the tourist traffic in the restaurant and the casual dress of the patrons--Stillwater is a tourist town, wouldn't you expect to see that? The restaurant is pretty casual at lunch time, dinner time steps up a notch but nothing out of this world. If you're there for a date, make it what you want it to be!

The service has always been first rate at Luna Rossa. On one occasion, my husband and I had dinner reservations later in the day but were hungry a couple hours early so we popped in to see if they had room. They did and were seated right away. They hadn't switched to their dinner menu yet but they said the only thing we couldn't order from it was a baked potato as those weren't quite ready yet. What a treat and excellent customer service to make that accommodation for us! On a "girls weekend" a couple of years ago, my family and I stopped in for lunch (yes, the Italians!). They were so accommodating as to let us order a few main dishes and sides and served them up family style. You can't get service like that just anywhere.

I highly recommend having a meal at Luna Rossa. Lunch or dinner, or both, you can't go wrong there!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just celebrated our 6th anniversary at Luna Rossa. Everything was wonderful. Waiter was very attentive. We had bruschetta, penne siciliana, veal, cesar salad, lava cake, cheese cake, and limon cello. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014